The MS261 is here!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brad, have you ran any of those 261's against any other saws??? I mean like a MS361, MS440, 372... How would it fair against them??? Just out of curiosity...

Brad, have you ran any of those 261's against any other saws??? I mean like a MS361, MS440, 372... How would it fair against them??? Just out of curiosity...

It was faster than Nik's ported MS361 and on the heals of Andre's ported 372XP. That was in perhaps 16" Basswood.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/1qBkn0QQTOE?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/1qBkn0QQTOE?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

SO it's hanging with ported 372's and beating ported 361's? :laugh:

It's a bad mutha shut yo mouth! :D

I just want one more and more every day. After the new year I'm gonna start my journey to a new ported 261. Brad I hope you don't get too busy. I'll be buggin you in a few months. ;)

Awesome video!!! Those 346's sound like pissed off mosquitoes... The MS261 even sounds like it has more power...;) and it has a longer bar too boot... I got to get me one of those... MS261!!!!!

Awesome video!!! Those 346's sound like pissed off mosquitoes... The MS261 even sounds like it has more power...;) and it has a longer bar too boot... I got to get me one of those... MS261!!!!!

I have a brand new 20" B&C for the 346. I really need to make that comparison. I think the 261 will show it's real colors.

The longer bar actually helps, anytime the tip of the bar does any cutting it slows you down.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, the strato saws have a lot potential, and the 261 is proof of that. How long will a 50cc that likely puts out 5.5hp or better last? who knows, but as of now what's not to like.

Back