The MS261 is here!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No worries, I'll never catch ya.

We did just agree in another thread though. :cheers:

Don't worry about catching me, I don't drink the 346 kool aid. Troll however, has 30,000 posts. 15,000 are hating on the 026/260 and 15,000 are preaching about the 346.:laugh:

I can agree when needed. My new Redmax ope has really gotten the Stihl Gods pee-ed off.:D I need to buy a 261 to offset the wrath.

Don't worry about catching me, I don't drink the 346 kool aid. Troll however, has 30,000 posts. 15,000 are hating on the 026/260 and 15,000 are preaching about the 346.:laugh:

I can agree when needed. My new Redmax ope has really gotten the Stihl Gods pee-ed off.:D I need to buy a 261 to offset the wrath.

I'm not Troll and I don't bash Stihl, but he's OK.

I also don't drink the kool aid, I go by experience. ;)

I have a Stihl FS110 BTW :pumpkin2:

Stihl FS110, just when I thought you couldn't get any dumber you totally redeam youself :yourock::hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

Ed I think maybe you have some of the vids mixed up, the day we did the stock vs mm test the 261 cut times were 10-12% faster with a mm.

I don't know what you put in your graphs, but I certainly never posted that the 261 was slower with a muffler mod.

As I said when I posted the graphs, what is in the graphs are average of times based on the videos you posted. I timed each cut 4 times, and used the average as the cut time for that saw, then averaged across the number of cuts for each saw.

If you search Google for "stopwatch", you get a page with a stopwatch. I just reduce the windows with the video and the stopwatch and time as I watch.

My understanding was that the first 2 cuts shown on post 240 was the stock MS241. I got 7.448 sec for the first cut and 6.976 sec for the second, for an average of 7.212 sec. According to the video, the last 2 cuts were with the muffler mod. For those I got times of 7.167 sec and 7.613 sec for an average of 7.390 sec.

7.39 > 7.212.

Last edited:
As I said when I posted the graphs, what is in the graphs are average of times based on the videos you posted. I timed each cut 4 times, and used the average as the cut time for that saw, then averaged across the number of cuts for each saw.

If you search Google for "stopwatch", you get a page with a stopwatch. I just reduce the windows with the video and the stopwatch and time as I watch.

My understanding was that the first 2 cuts shown on post 240 was the stock MS241. I got 7.448 sec for the first cut and 6.976 sec for the second, for an average of 7.212 sec. According to the video, the last 2 cuts were with the muffler mod. For those I got times of 7.167 sec and 7.613 sec for an average of 7.390 sec.

7.39 > 7.212.

Like I said, I don't know what you put in your graphs, but the 261 was decidedly 10-12% faster with the MM.

Back