The MS461.........A Peek Inside

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does anyone know if there is an outer small bucking spike that matches the standard One it comes with? Any help would be great

for future reference.

no standard/small outer spike from stihl to match the stock half wrap inner, metals might be able to fab one up.

wrap model dual spikes are available from stihl.

reason for this is no other saws share the same outer spike as the 461. inner are all the same.

These things are freaks.......just had to fatten one up to a heavy blubber to get it down to 14,200. It was still four stroking hard at 15,200..... :msp_sneaky:

These things are freaks.......just had to fatten one up to a heavy blubber to get it down to 14,200. It was still four stroking hard at 15,200..... :msp_sneaky:

mate take a vid it sounds like it would kick a 460 but

Max RPM on the tach says 15,559. I was a bit too lean at that RPM though. :laugh:

[video=youtube;pVY0mWw6qBw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVY0mWw6qBw[/video]

:popcorn::popcorn::clap:

does it have the torque of the 461 or did it lose it with the RPM

I've not got any thing here that would test this saw. Let's just say I've been tweaking the timing numbers a little at a time to get here.

This is number 15 or 16 I've done......they are stronger than ever.

I've not got any thing here that would test this saw. Let's just say I've been tweaking the timing numbers a little at a time to get here.

This is number 15 or 16 I've done......they are stronger than ever.

i wonder if it would beat the 460 you did for me that saw is very strong for a 460 pulls a 32' in our woods no probs
and a stock one has trouble with a 25"

i wonder if it would beat the 460 you did for me that saw is very strong for a 460 pulls a 32' in our woods no probs
and a stock one has trouble with a 25"

Tough to say. As you know I tend to build saws for torque over RPM. I had this one tuned with the limited coil, swapped the coil and stuck a tach on it and said "holy ####".....

Latest posts

Back