The MS461.........A Peek Inside

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
its dark after work ,i need some firewood so im gonna try it out this weekend
see how she does with 32 inch bar View attachment 279192 View attachment 279193 these filter covers are good add on for these saws also

thats the original remmy bar ,if look close the remington logo is on it still ,i never started it ,guy i got it from said it ran

i also found another 404 chain looks like 36 inch bar one ,ill pop it in the mail

Does the logo look like this?

8c6818da41183e241f9de8326c784342.jpg

Your logo may be a little smaller, I don't know if they made the logos bigger on the 52" bars, like I have. :poke:

Oh.......I got the remmy today. That's a sweet old bar!!!

You can't really see the logo in this picture of my Super 990. The light was fading and I was having a hard time getting a good shot of the 52" bar w/ the helper handle. I'm not sure if it was the glare off of the Super 990 power head or maybe a reflection of of the 52" bar? Maybe it was because of the helper handle at the end of the 52" roller nose bar on my Super 990?

495617020158f9c955642b9381fcdbea.jpg

You can't really see the logo in this picture of my Super 990. The light was fading and I was having a hard time getting a good shot of the 52" bar w/ the helper handle. I'm not sure if it was the glare off of the Super 990 power head or maybe a reflection of of the 52" bar? Maybe it was because of the helper handle at the end of the 52" roller nose bar on my Super 990?

Is that a Christopher Cross CD in the CD organizer on your visor?

All I can say is in the original photo at the beginning of the thread you can see the "koolness" of our one and only Mastermoob. Only he would use a cotton T shirt as the one and only fitting background for these pictures of the MS461. Which is to say to one and all -- at the sound of the chant:

:bowdown:

You are DAH MAN!

OK. How many minutes are you guys getting on a tank when fallin limbin +buckin? ?
Does Weber make a full wrap handle bar for the 461 ??

not much buck'n on the last project, (some other lackey got that job...) but lots of swamping brush if that counts, 45 mins around half tank falling 30-36" Dougs. ran out of trees to fall... didn't fill er up again until the next day, but did some limbing and bucking in the meantime. (mostly sat my arse on the skidder and laughed at the kids pulling string...) so Probably around an hour to an hour and a half with lots of idle time...:confused: did that help?

The 3/4 wrap is Identical to the old 046-460's as well as dogs, chain cover, air filter. etc etc etc so I would imagine the weber full wrap would be a straight bolt on

I tried my 460 four point dogs on the 461, the outer dog is a little different

Back