The MS461.........A Peek Inside

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
how are they holding up???

they are basically the same saw as a 460 with a new design top end, plastics and few other minor changes. ill go out on a limb as say they are as solid as a 460.

For Professional use, the whole saw needs to work right all the time. When new saws come out they often will have some problem that stops them from working. Just wondering if any problems are showing up with the 461 . ?

my saw is the one at beginning of this thread ,only failure ive had was the decomp valve lost its spring tention ,that could happen with any saw though ,only complaint i have was the new style filter packs with sawdust ,i got a sock cover for the filter ,problem fixed ,i recomend this as a good felling saw reminds me of a lighter 660

Last edited:
Is stihl getting cheap? I didn't see mahle on that cylinder.

Their new piston and cylinder contractor for the 461 is JxiangDxiang.

I like Asian stuff.

hot_asian_girls_010.jpg

to answer the tramp, had my stock 461 in some 30"+ doug fir recenctly side by side with the old 046, boths saws running 32" skip tooths... 461 beat the snot out of it all day long and used about half the fuel, 461 still not quite broke in yet but to me pulls harder than some of the older 066-660s I've ran in the past...

I'm currently trying to con the war department into letting my have the 461 modded... (she keeps saying something about getting the crummy's tranny fixed or whatever...)

to answer the tramp, had my stock 461 in some 30"+ doug fir recenctly side by side with the old 046, boths saws running 32" skip tooths... 461 beat the snot out of it all day long and used about half the fuel, 461 still not quite broke in yet but to me pulls harder than some of the older 066-660s I've ran in the past...

I'm currently trying to con the war department into letting my have the 461 modded... (she keeps saying something about getting the crummy's tranny fixed or whatever...)

Once modded you will lose fuel economy,i have 32 inch bar oiler wide open,a tank of fuel to little over half a tank of oil , they are much louder than modded 460 also

Latest posts

Back