The MS461.........A Peek Inside

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Alright ; sounds good. I don't know about using less oil. I wish the made the oil tank twice as big on saws and the oil pumps twice as powerful.

the 461 wrap has the same oil pump as 460 and 660 wrap high output ,the oil tank holds a little more than a 460 though ,my ported 461 is worse on fuel than my 460 but better on fuel than my 660 if that helps ,its not far off my 660 though

OK. How many minetus are you getting on a tank of fuel when Fallin, limbing+ buckin. ??

kind of depends ,cedars have lots of limbs ,fir doesnt maybe 20 min avg ,if bucking rounds for firewood maybe 10 , 1 tank of fuel i was getting about 20 feet of fir firewood bucked 20-24 inch or so wood 16 inch lengths , depending how big the wood is ,its pretty close to my stock 660 with dual port and inner baffle removed for economy ,i never ran it stock so i cant say how stock econmy is ,im not a logger so dont run it all day ,just use around my property ,i let a couple fallers try it that swear by 440 and 660 saws still ,they liked the tourque this had for the saw size and they had a smile on their face cutting with it

on the handle if they make one for a 460 ,its the same handle

Last edited:
kind of depends ,cedars have lots of limbs ,fir doesnt maybe 20 min avg ,if bucking rounds for firewood maybe 10 , 1 tank of fuel i was getting about 20 feet of fir firewood bucked 20-24 inch or so wood 16 inch lengths , depending how big the wood is ,its pretty close to my stock 660 with dual port and inner baffle removed for economy ,i never ran it stock so i cant say how stock econmy is ,im not a logger so dont run it all day ,just use around my property ,i let a couple fallers try it that swear by 440 and 660 saws still ,they liked the tourque this had for the saw size and they had a smile on their face cutting with it

on the handle if they make one for a 460 ,its the same handle

Have you ran the hybrid much yet?

Oh.......I got the remmy today. That's a sweet old bar!!!

I read where one of the foremost experts, on judging torque by sound, said they were down on rpm's. He has a video of one demonstrating how the throttle works, so I would tend to believe him.

You ain't the only one......and therein lies the rub. :msp_sad:

Have you ran the hybrid much yet?

Oh.......I got the remmy today. That's a sweet old bar!!!

its dark after work ,i need some firewood so im gonna try it out this weekend
see how she does with 32 inch bar View attachment 279192 View attachment 279193 these filter covers are good add on for these saws also

thats the original remmy bar ,if look close the remington logo is on it still ,i never started it ,guy i got it from said it ran

i also found another 404 chain looks like 36 inch bar one ,ill pop it in the mail

Back