The new Carbon 660 looks awesome

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RED-85-Z51

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
And now they come with a genuine Walbro carb, Meteor top ends with Caber rings, tank guards, ngk plug, and the price point has stayed right at the same level...

3de519b1c2e53b35a7e50a998d59d366.jpg

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

From my understanding Stihl wanted in that huge Asian market as I am sure it was a corporate decision. To get in they had to give up to the Chinese's everything to make chainsaws as that is their rule. I wonder how that is working out as those Chinese as soon as they got the technology started coping and I am sure they stole some ideals also. I try to avoid their parts as much as possible, but they are getting better, as I hate to say. They can make plastic pretty decent as they have a lot of experience from making toys for years.

Im just impressed that they are improving on weak points, the carbs they had were largely fine...but a few people had issues so going oem resolves that.

I saw they had it in the 372xp as well. Black and white.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk
Im curious if its actually CF, because im not seeing any distortion like with a wrap or hydro-dipped part.

So who at this time is selling the carbon fiber version in the USA. Just curious.
They are cool looking.
Nobody yet. Been following it for awhile. Just released for sale on their website for now.

I thought about having one flew over but had already done that with the blue ones. So still waiting on the 395 next.

Got the 288 last time.

g288tttt.jpgg288ttttt.jpg

I just sold my Blue 372XP and have my 660 up for sale...probably pick up a 288xp for my next one. Good money in selling these things. I got $450 for my 372xp clone and have offers of 600 for the 660 so far

And now they come with a genuine Walbro carb, Meteor top ends with Caber rings, tank guards, ngk plug, and the price point has stayed right at the same level...

3de519b1c2e53b35a7e50a998d59d366.jpg

Tempting, if I had the money I would get one.

How do you like the 288?

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

I bought the prebuilt myself. I like to check them out to see how they are for the normal firewood cutters that are going to be buying them. Then I keep around as a demo once I check it over.

You can get the orange ones in kits if you feel like building one yourself. Plus you can change things to your liking as you go.

Mine stock pulled 150psi checked when on 2nd tank. My squish was .033 with base gasket in.

JMO. Still not broke in. G288 don’t have the torque that my G660 blue tank had. Granted there is 60psi difference and 2mm longer stroke. The early blue tank ones like I had was pulling around 210psi. The later run clear tank G660 was 160psi ish. The feel, balance and handling is so much better with G288 though.

Something else I notice on the last 2. G888 and G288. Builds has improved and the handles are nice strong built compared to the old ones. Rubber for grips on g288 g888 was super nice too. Comparing to the old handles from past.

Latest posts

Back