The new Carbon 660 looks awesome

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
🤢🤮🤢

There’s very few things less appealing than fake carbon fiber. The updated components? That’s appealing. But don’t you buy one of these to beat the crap out of it? Fake carbon fiber is for 17yo kids to put on their $1200 cars so they can dream about girls too dumb to know the difference.

It’s not, see above. Plus it might not weigh was it does haha
Carbon fiber parts can be made really lightweight because of its strenght, but a very thin lightweight carbon part would not be particulary resilient to shocks and blows - it cracks, the relative soft and thick plastic parts dont. You could make a thick and strong carbon part, but then it would not be lightweight - it would however be quite expensive, probably cost as much as the saw.

But if you want a Stihl replica in its rightful colors - I guess you can now buy it ready made and then buy all the plastic in orange. Or you could do that with the 372 replica, that would be awesome - it would be a Stihlsky 372.

But I see all this talk about carburettors and caber rings, I have a 038/381 replica that I have made from parts all around the world. I started with a kit and I used it pretty much and relatively hard - because I used it to mill, lots of hours running at full throttle continuously.
So what became evident was not problems with carburettors and caberrings, it was the little things that was made of inferior metal alloys; like clutch springs, chain adjusters and guide bar bolts. Oil Pumps that needed to be re-made because its made too inaccurate and coarse, so that it leaks more than it lubricates the chain.

And now they come with a genuine Walbro carb, Meteor top ends with Caber rings, tank guards, ngk plug, and the price point has stayed right at the same level...

3de519b1c2e53b35a7e50a998d59d366.jpg

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
It would be cool if those pieces were carbon fiber, but they are only dipped plastic to look like the real deal.

I was happy how the blue G660 I had with early blue tank ran. 210psi stock with base gasket.

I wasnt happy with the blue G372xp's with their 110psi to 118psi with huge squish and come with no o-ring installed.
So I didnt recommend them to locals or any of the groups. But the G444 in same size was tops of those 3 even over the G466.

So I just bought one of these carbon look G372xp to see if the meteor topends and suppose to have o-ring installed just like oem now too. Time will tell. 🤞

g372pro.jpgg372weight.jpgg372xpp.jpgg444p445.jpgg466g444.jpgg6603222.jpgftsaws.jpgg888444466.jpg

I was happy how the blue G660 I had with early blue tank ran. 210psi stock with base gasket.

I wasnt happy with the blue G372xp's with their 110psi to 118psi with huge squish and come with no o-ring installed.
So I didnt recommend them to locals or any of the groups. But the G444 in same size was tops of those 3 even over the G466.

So I just bought one of these carbon look G372xp to see if the meteor topends and suppose to have o-ring installed just like oem now too. Time will tell. [emoji1696]

View attachment 954401View attachment 954402View attachment 954403View attachment 954404View attachment 954405View attachment 954406View attachment 954407View attachment 954408
I was duely impressed with the 372xp, i ran it no o-ring then with the o-ring and never saw a difference. It responded to a 2nd port in the muffler. Regret selling it but with a 440, 460, 461, 272xp...im deep into that sized saw

I was duely impressed with the 372xp, i ran it no o-ring then with the o-ring and never saw a difference. It responded to a 2nd port in the muffler. Regret selling it but with a 440, 460, 461, 272xp...im deep into that sized saw

Oh it cut, it just didnt cut it :cheers: . It was 3rd behind the other 2. If I didnt have other 2. Ya one would have been happy with it. Heck the guy running it now is happy with it after tossing the big squish topend and getting a different one.

JMO some dont need them folks say, but some do need them because they wont pass testing. To cheap of part not to throw them in every saw sold IMHO. Cheap insurance, then your not liable for selling a saw without it. $4 part

Another bag of them to install when needed. Wont send a oem or afm saw out without one.

horings.jpg
horing.jpghoringg.jpg

Carbon fiber look G372xp pro. Showed up yesterday. But got sick during check over so never finished up.
Very nice hydro dipped covers.
The build is surpassed the old blue one by far right out of the box.
Cylinder and piston looks nice through front and plug hole. Bevels look nice and even on ext side.
Handles nice and thick like the oem full now.

g372p.jpgg372pp.jpgg372ppp.jpg

Hey @RedneckChainsawRepair any more thoughts in the last few months about this G372xp Pro saw? I'm thinking of ditching my 455 rancher for something that can fell about 20 inch +/- southern Pine I've got about 1.75 more acres to cut...
Perfect saw. Right on the heels of the oem OE one next to it in pics. I plugged the decomp on this one and replace with oem on bigger saws.

Just like oem needs a muffler mod.

I would buy another in the pro version.

h372oet.jpgh372oetttttt.jpgg444g372pr.jpg

Back