The new Husqvarna "flippy" caps

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They work just as the traditional caps, except that they have a handle on them. I don't see how they could make you "pee" on anything?
Oh come on now, it was a joke! I was ripping on the lengthy instructions for flippy caps in Stihl manuals, and those posts where people claim their saw's caps came off and that's why their pants are a mess!

But, the only similarity between the two is the flip up grip. They are completely different in operation. The Husky version is nothing more than a standard cap with a handle on it. To say they are "pretty much the same" is way off the mark.

Exactly. :cheers:

For me the big plus is as you already mentioned: They fully interchange with the old caps and users can pick which ever they prefer.

Exactly. :cheers:

For me the big plus is as you already mentioned: They fully interchange with the old caps and users can pick which ever they prefer.

nope, it is an EPA offense punishable by 20 billion dollar fine and 700 years in jail to retrofit parts. :dizzy:

I actually really like these caps. I'm gonna get some for my 357

which thread you should put up a link sounds good

It has post like this

“Flippy caps suck hard
Oil is on my work pants
Buy a Husqvarna

Creamsicle flavored Kool Aid
Must be operator error this oil river
You are holding it wrong”

“flippy caps was the main reason i switched to huskies”

:jester:

This is classic, you'd have to admit.

So guess all the Husky owners are gonna switch to Echo or Dolmar now huh.

Hmm what was that about Stihl stealing all of Husqvarna's ideas????

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Read first, comment later.

I make that mistake quite often myself...

Btw, I never complained much about those either - I made one mistake, and learned from it....

I made a mistake with the Stihl flippy caps (oil). Promised myself that I wouldn't let it happen again.

Repeated the above process, and repeated once more for good measure.

Maybe I have an "oily leg fetich"? Or just being an excessively slow learner? Probably the latter :bang:

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Who has said that ?

I'm just happy a thread that has flippy caps in the title hasn't been locked yet!

Not so well thought out...What happens when that handle breaks off when trying to open it after the seal swells? At least when a real floppy cap fails, it falls off so you can replace it! I'm not 100% sure, but that is what I heard. I haven't had one fail yet.

Last edited:
Not so well thought out...What happens when that handle breaks off when trying to open it after the seal swells? At least when a real floppy cap fails, it falls off so you can replace it! I'm not 100% sure, but that is what I heard. I haven't had one fail yet.

You havent paid attention in TK's flippy cap class have you? They have a built in screwdriver slot. :msp_wink:

I for one like flippy caps and have yet to have a problem with them. What I don't like are the caps on my 395. They are hard to get a good grip on. Y'all crack me up with the flippy cap threads.

Last edited:
Back