The new Husqvarna "flippy" caps

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So evey time you add fuel or every time you fill up? Lets see a data capture of the AT info.

Wow this is getting old fast, you thought you cut a lot of wood and now you're finding out that you don't. Lets see....the saw holds .7 litre or 1.5 pints of gas and some days he puts 2 gallons of gas through it which is roughly 10 tanks of fuel, he's had it for a year, you do the math. That's why he is testing it not someone out cutting cookies. I was merely pointing out that the fuel cap was holding up to put people at ease. Hope this clarifies your issues with the hours.

So the Husky users wanted flippy caps is what I'm reading here :taped:

I think the more important question that everyone is overlooking is... What is the weight comparison between the new flip style vs the screw on style? How will it affect sideways balance? ;)

I think the more important question that everyone is overlooking is... What is the weight comparison between the new flip style vs the screw on style? How will it affect sideways balance? ;)

:taped:​

The sideways balance is adjustable - it just depends on whether you leave the cap flipped up or not :D

Who needs caps, I just whittle out a sassafrass plug for mine, can't figure out why they bother to put threads in the hole.:rolleyes2::rolleyes2:

..or a wooden plug - I actually did that once, when the fuel cap of my 621 was mia. I worked fine! :msp_biggrin:

Btw, it woulden't have worked on a Stihl flippy-cap saw.

Last edited:
bump!:potstir:
one thing i didn't see mentioned here is people with either hand injuries or maybe the older gentleman with arthritis. the 'handle' will give them something easier to grasp and twist without having to fumble with the scrench or trying to grip that little raised center. would have been nice of husky to offer them for the older saws:cry:

Dont get me wrong i'm not a stihl guy, but i find it funny that people beat up a idea from one manufacture and then when pretty much another one does the same thing it's OK???? I never seen the need for flip up caps or seen a down side to them, which is the reason i never had commented on them. It just seems when someone runs out of things to talk about on a sthil they always go to the flippy caps? Now it's on a husky and its OK?? Dont mean to ruffel any feathers i just dont understand!

No big difference one its INTERCHANGEABLE and second its not a contraption its merely a flip up handle hmm seems husky is in tune with the end user :)

bump!:potstir:
one thing i didn't see mentioned here is people with either hand injuries or maybe the older gentleman with arthritis. the 'handle' will give them something easier to grasp and twist without having to fumble with the scrench or trying to grip that little raised center. would have been nice of husky to offer them for the older saws:cry:

Seems like if you have hands that are in that bad of shape, it's questionable if you should even run a saw. ;)

Seems like if you have hands that are in that bad of shape, it's questionable if you should even run a saw. ;)

that's a pretty closed minded response.
lots of people out there with "bad hands" that have no probem running saws. it's the small fuel and oil caps with small grips on them that is more of a complaint than anything. even people with 'good hands' have problems fumbling the caps. then add gloves to the mix and it gets worse.
case in point: worked with a fellow who was born with no thumbs. ran a chainsaw ( homelite xl 12 and xl922) no issues for years and years. goes in and buys his first new chainsaw in 20+ years (this was maybe 15 years ago), the main complaint from him was ONLY about the oil cap. couldn't open it without the scrench. that was the only complaint. fast forward to last summer. he goes and buys a stihl ms260. last one on the shelf at 1000 islands rental. loves the flippy caps. now the only complaint is not enough oil to the bar/chain.
he still wishes companies would put nice big 'jar lid' style caps on saws like they did way back when.

Some people don't have any choice. Guys that make their living with a saw do what they need to do to get by.

Do you think they should all just retire because their hands don't work as well as they used to? Tell you what, put your bucks up...you send me what I made last year on the saw, bad hands and all, and I'll retire. Cash only please.:laugh:

I'm young and I love flippy caps. Made filling up easier and never had any problems with them. Flippy caps alone almost caused me to buy a 261 over my 346 last year.

Latest posts

Back