The Next West KY GTG Build Off Saw.........Please Help Decide

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ok,,, I am only going to ask just 1 time:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange: what is the date of the gtg if that is decided yet,, I need to let uncle mustache know as soon as I know

and where please!

may be close enough for me!

you guys should really think about building a modern strato saw. that would make folks think outside the box looking for a gain. then when your done with the build off you still have something useful and useable that you could keep or sale. I would be willing to pass along anything in the redmax or jonsered line family at cost plus shipping.

I like it.......these mod pretty well.

[video=youtube;hd51WmvdrVQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hd51WmvdrVQ[/video]

ok,,, I am only going to ask just 1 time:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange: what is the date of the gtg if that is decided yet,, I need to let uncle mustache know as soon as I know

It's a secret Scott. Shhhhhh

I have trouble getting the gains I think I should be able to get from a 6400........I can make gains......but not what I would like to see.

I would love to do this saw. I'm sure I would lose.....and might learn something new in the process. :msp_thumbup:

i would probally have to join i on the fun with a 6400. i would probally need a little twist in the top to compete ??

I think it stems from the aftermath of the buildoff. Nobody is gonna do anything with a ported old eager beaver, but can build a more modern saw, make more power and actually want to use it afterwards. I have too many saws collecting dust as it is. My 65cc partner I built for Terry's last gtg has only been started once or twice since, and I sure ain't gonna run it when I got a ms361 fueled up and ready to go sitting in the floor....

That's probably why you could just set a size cut off and go with it...
If one were to go 6 cube and under work saw, anyone could send or build anything there or under...
Or you could do a platform... And say run what ya brung...

and where please!

may be close enough for me!

+1 I think it should be a 10-10 build off.

That's probably why you could just set a size cut off and go with it...
If one were to go 6 cube and under work saw, anyone could send or build anything there or under...
Or you could do a platform... And say run what ya brung...

That would be cool........same size bar? Off the roll chain?

You guys keep this up and I may need to buy a Dolmar.....:hmm3grin2orange: Sara finds out she'll kick my azz

I have a 6401 that I'd be willing to donate to the build, I have a 84cc top end, HD filter kit, & a full wrap bar(doesn't really matter but still excited for it) coming for it, but I'd be willing to buy whatever top end that the build off for as long as whoever uses it for their build off saw drops the jug. That's the one thing I can't do in my own shop :/

Randy the video of the 7910 you did sure seemed impressive!

Those little saws mod fantastically. So much so, the Ryobi G400 copy is the strongest saw in that class that I have built.

Terry, how much for a GZ4500? If you'd rather PM me, that's fine too. That's a mighty generous offer you gave us:clap:

Yeah, I think this RedMax it the stoutest 40cc I've done.

I have a 6401 that I'd be willing to donate to the build, I have a 84cc top end, HD filter kit, & a full wrap bar(doesn't really matter but still excited for it) coming for it, but I'd be willing to buy whatever top end that the build off for as long as whoever uses it for their build off saw drops the jug. That's the one thing I can't do in my own shop :/

The 7900/7910 I get great gains with and am pleased by that......it's the 6400 top end that I still ain't found all there is to find in yet.

The 7900/7910 I get great gains with and am pleased by that......it's the 6400 top end that I still ain't found all there is to find in yet.

Well if its the 6400 top end that's decided I'm down for it to blow 225 or even a little more. It won't be the saws primary top end so disc what anyone does with it, as long as it doesn't trash itself. Any carb mods or swaps done with this saw? And would that be something to think about in the build off?

That would be cool........same size bar? Off the roll chain?

Yup...
The run what ya brung thing seems to go over good...
Just cause its fun to just enter something that you like, and want to see how it stacks up...
Course I'd love to have my choice of chain, but I'd dump that for an open field of saws...

Well if its the 6400 top end that's decided I'm down for it to blow 225 or even a little more. It won't be the saws primary top end so disc what anyone does with it, as long as it doesn't trash itself. Any carb mods or swaps done with this saw? And would that be something to think about in the build off?

I've got a nice 6400 I've been holding off on......

That's awfully nice of ya! I send out to get squish cut but I'd be willing to take care of that end of the deal and port work.

Latest posts

Back