The senix 4 stroke.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you for the comments and info, I ordered the carb tool set (with a-circle), my saw dies at high speed, like it's running out of fuel, I'm not sure about rich and lean on a 4-stroke? Does it act the same as 2-strokes?
Also seems to run really hot. Anyone do anything to the muffler yet? and you are right it's HEAVY. I have to keep reminding myself, I bought it as novelty, not as my go to saw. For $115. on Amazon , it's fun so far.

These act differently than a 2 stroke when lean like an old Honda that has a plugged highspeed jet having to use the choke to richen it up to keep it running.

Thank you for the comments and info, I ordered the carb tool set (with a-circle), my saw dies at high speed, like it's running out of fuel, I'm not sure about rich and lean on a 4-stroke? Does it act the same as 2-strokes?
Also seems to run really hot. Anyone do anything to the muffler yet? and you are right it's HEAVY. I have to keep reminding myself, I bought it as novelty, not as my go to saw. For $115. on Amazon , it's fun so far.
Yours sounds like a fuel delivery issue, not necessarily a tuning issue. It may be a tuning issue too, but it should stay running at whatever tune you have until the tank is empty, not change tune on it's own. Probably why it's running so hot too, running so lean. I wouldn't run it much until figuring that out. At least with these, you can squirt carb cleaner in the carb to richen it up and see if that's the issue.

Yours sounds like a fuel delivery issue, not necessarily a tuning issue. It may be a tuning issue too, but it should stay running at whatever tune you have until the tank is empty, not change tune on it's own. Probably why it's running so hot too, running so lean. I wouldn't run it much until figuring that out. At least with these, you can squirt carb cleaner in the carb to richen it up and see if that's the issue.

Mine did same yesterday when I leaned it out a little to much, it would rev up fine but once a load was applied it would stall like it was out of fuel.. Opened up the high speed a little more and it was fine after that.

Spark plug question again, I read on this post that the Senix had a Torch plug, mine came with a Newstar AM5RC, can't find any cross reference to that, looks like an NGK CMR6H would fit, any ideas? or any knowledge of an NGK forthe Senix

Mine did same yesterday when I leaned it out a little to much, it would rev up fine but once a load was applied it would stall like it was out of fuel.. Opened up the high speed a little more and it was fine after that.
Well nevermind then, definitely do what actually works. Wonder if these are cat mufflers?

Spark plug question again, I read on this post that the Senix had a Torch plug, mine came with a Newstar AM5RC, can't find any cross reference to that, looks like an NGK CMR6H would fit, any ideas? or any knowledge of an NGK forthe Senix
CMR6H or 7 will work fine, I can't remember what the Bosch cross reference is.

There's no cat in them.

IMG_2481.JPG
IMG_2484.JPG
IMG_2486.JPG
I removed the center divider and brazed it back together. I didn't notice any change in power nor the engine running lean. It actually sounds awesome without the muffler on at all, but I only blipped the throttle while in the garage ;)
IMG_2480.JPG

Thank you.
When I opened up the main jet I did it a little at a time in wood. I did gut the muffler with little notice in power. It does run HOT. But doesn’t seem to bother it much. It is a novelty saw to me I’ll use it around the house for limbs and such. If it pisses me off I’ll make a moped out of it!
Thank you.

Good evening, took my "new" senix 4-stroke out today, ran really rough when I first started it, after 10 minutes or so it straightened pretty good, after another 15 minutes of cutting I noticed it bogged down in the wood (i'm used to 2 strokes) gave it more throttle and cut good, except after about 10 to 15 seconds at full throttle, it like runs out of gas and dies, starts right back up and idles and runs and cuts good (although slow) at about 1/3 to 1/2 throttle full throttle it dies. would like open hi jet screw a little, anyone know what kind tool it takes? Has an offset hole in the jet screw. Thinking of needle nose pliers (didn't have any with me).
Thanks in advance for any help or input.
Buy cheap, buy twice.

Haven't had much time or felt like messing with any of my saws for the last six months but now I feel like cutting **** and this will be the first one to get ran, it was definitely not stored properly being left in the willows by the creek on our property. At least it had shade.

Back