The story of nine Husqvarna's

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah my plan as well. I already asked him which one is his favorite. He told me the 55 Rancher if you can believe that

Go run one that's in good shape and you'll see why. Not a screaming beast by any means just a great saw. It's one of the best firewood budget saws I've seen. You say you have a 262?

Go run one that's in good shape and you'll see why. Not a screaming beast by any means just a great saw. It's one of the best firewood budget saws I've seen. You say you have a 262?

Some guys have all the luck. The 55 Rancher was my "big" saw that cut enough to heat my home for many years. Then I found this site...

Its my first post, hope yall enjoy. Ok so it all started with hurricane Sandy. A huge red oak fell on my buddies moms house. So im up there heplin my buddy cut and split this monster up when he says " hey do you know anything about chain saws" i say " na" as i just finished bucking this beast with my 360 (Stihl fan btw). He says "well we have a bunch of my dads old saws that are junk and mom want to give them to someone who will appreciate them." So he takes me in the garage and there is a PILE of faded wooped Husqvarnas. I couldnt believe it. Says to me "u want em", "um, yep i want em". So fare i got 9 of them and he says there are about 15 total. When i figure out how to post pics ill put some up. Im not really a husky fan but they are coming along pretty good. Here is the list, I got two 268xp's, 272xp, 357xp, 61, 352, 261, 257 and a 55 rancher. Got one 268 gonig the 272, 257, 55 and the 352 all going. And waiting on parts for the others. The 268 i got going freaking rocks so does the 272 but for some reason the 268 just screams. Sorry for the book. Hope yall enjoy.

That's a good score, especially for the big city of Aldie. :D

I did the renovation of the old Aldie Elementary/Community Center, converting it to the Boyd School, a few years back.

Welcome to the madness err, forum! About time you posted since you joined back a ways! Nice first post! Looks like you'll fit in well here!

Nice score on the saws! Sounds like your buddy could use a few tips on running saws, know anyone that could help him out? :hmm3grin2orange: Was his dad a logger? Sounds like most of the saws just needed some TLC!

Keep your chain sharp and out of your leg!

They have needed alot of tlc. Fun rebuilding them though

That's a good score, especially for the big city of Aldie. :D

I did the renovation of the old Aldie Elementary/Community Center, converting it to the Boyd School, a few years back.

U must b talking about Arcola Elementry. Its basically in Aldie. I actually went Aldie Elementary as a kid. My nephew goes there now. Its still Aldie Elem. Ya the Boyd school is at Arcola. U from around here?

U must b talking about Arcola Elementry. Its basically in Aldie. I actually went Aldie Elementary as a kid. My nephew goes there now. Its still Aldie Elem. Ya the Boyd school is at Arcola. U from around here?

You are correct, I realized it after I typed it, but couldn't remember Arcola for the life of me.

I'm way down 17, almost into Stafford.

Nice score! props for get with the program on gettin' them running.
The 55 in the middle pic looks like it's covered in mold?

Nice score! props for get with the program on gettin' them running.
The 55 in the middle pic looks like it's covered in mold?

Wonder if that's old pitch on there? Still, a cool haul even in that shape :rock:
Put me down for a 268 or 272...;)

I hope they weren't all used as a wheel chocks! :msp_scared:

280126d1361298561-2013-02-11_19-56-47_909-jpg

Repped!!!!

Wow Instant CAD!!! In all the years Ive been on here that is one of the coolest saw score stories,,, Now that I repped ya I don't mind this but You Really do SUCK!!!!!! Dibs on the 394 ,,,,,,, Just sayin!!!! :hmm3grin2orange: Welcome to the madness

Back