The Traveling Leveraxe/Leveraxe 2 Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sure we can put you on the list. Will be a couple of months though.

I just saw Wranglestar's video review, and hearing that the head is already loose, I'm less than thrilled at the idea trying this axe since I will most likely not be buying one at $300+. If my name ended up on the list, thanks for obliging, but I'll just pass my turn onto the next person.

The price really is absurd. The leveraxe is essentially a wildly overpriced gimmick to me. Sure, it can split wood, but so does a Gransfors Bruks and that is a WAY better quality tool and proven design at a lower price point.

Of course it will stay tight until it dries then it will be looser than before. After each soaking the fibers will be crushed more and the handle will be still looser until soaking no longer works.
Easy to see this design is shoddy and a huge step back from the original.

Curious to see how long it takes to loosen up. Unless a handle is really bad I've been able to make months between "swellings" on my other wood handled tools.

Just thought I'd leave this here, the Leveraxe is NOT Wranglerstar approved, lol.

Well if the owner of Lever Axe wants to make a small fortune, I think he will need to start out with a large fortune. After seeing the review it really looks pathetic. it looks like just about anything else works better. Personally I would never buy one and I wouldn't even want it to take up space in my garage. The guy who is manufacturing these must be needing to take a loss to get a tax write off to protect his fortune. Great review.

I have no desire for one, but I think it is because it was designed for a different market (Softwood Split Small). For people who need that, it is likely an excellent device.

Good point, but again...is it worth $300? A good smallish splitting axe would work as well or better and be cheaper several times over depending on quality/make.

My reveiw of the leveraxe 2....

I actually enjoyed using it to split silver maple and black walnut. It was kinda fun. I was splitting 16 inch length of silver maple and 20-24 inch length of black walnut. Both are easy to split but i found the leveraxe to be better than the fiskars in these woods. Black walnut pretty much falls apart so its no suprise that it worked so good in that.

Tried splitting 16 inch lengths of ash.. wasnt impressed. The fiskars works better in that wood. It gets stuck most the time. and I mean stuck! When it didnt get stuck it just bounced off.

It didnt really hurt my hands any, maybe a little bit when it stopped dead after splitting. I had no problem getting used to it. I hold my fiskars kinda loose so i just swung it like i would the fiskars.

Does it work like in the videos? Yes, But only in the right wood.
Would i buy one? Yes. but id rather buy the 1st version For $50 - 70. Definitely not for over $100.

I dont have alot of experience splitting wood by hand, i just do it once in awhile for fun.
By the way.... the handle is starting to loosen up already again.

Ok guys, in about 3-4 weeks the Leveraxe is going to be open to use. Please post up here or PM me if you want to get on the list. Again we just ask that you agree to turn the axe over to the next person in a week or so of receiving it and ship with tracking/insurance.

Back