The "ultimate" wood-cutting vehicle

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
GoRving
G

GoRving

Just call me "heavy duty"..:) This is what I use to cut wood on the farm. It's ideal to get through the woods to find and cut firewood trees. Of course it ain't much for hauling the wood out, but that's where the old Ferguson tractors come in. :cheers:

Steve NW WI

Steve NW WI

Unwanted Riff Raff.
Where's the Massey pics? :popcorn:

I've looked at golf carts from time to time when they're by the side of the road for sale, but the price has always been more than I thought they were worth.

TonyRumore

TonyRumore

ArboristSite Guru
I use this.

RangerCrew800.jpg

GoRving
G

GoRving

Nice machines y'all have!!!! One day I hope to have one of those UTV's, but they're a little too pricey now. One of the carts here is electric, but the one pictured is gas. Got a good deal on that one. An old man had it locally, and was moving back up north, so he sold it to me for 500.00. It looked darn near like new then. It looks used, now, but all I've done to it is put new tires on the back, change the oil, and just use it. No mechanical problems yet. As for the tractor pics, they're in the shed, but we'll get the old TO-20 out tomorrow and hook the wagon up. The 35 has a bushhog on it, but it needs to be run a little. Thanks.

Eccentric

Eccentric

Mister Wizard
Not to offend anybody, but does anybody use Pickups anymore?

Yep. Nice 4WD diesel Ford CFT. That's what I use, except mine's an '86 with a 6.9L, an aftermarket turbo, and an even older alluminum shell on the back. Few years older than your 7.3L. I also use my '74 International Harvester Scout when I'm not hauling a lot of wood (or it will be hauled later) and I need to get farther into a property...:cheers:

Last edited:

Latest posts