The "ultimate" wood-cutting vehicle

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is my wood hauling/snow plowing rig.
attachment.php

I have a buddy that has a similar truck but it has tracks under it. As I recall, it was a conversion done for the Thiokol Corporation to use in the swamps of Louisiana. I don't think I have a picture of it, but will grab one at the beginning of the week when I am out that way.

case 580 backhoe , with a clamshell bucket so i dont have to bend down to buck and limb .
and it loads the dump truck pretty good too...

Tippy, 2001 V-10. Got it for $2,000 and runs like new.

attachment.php

This was after we pushed the top up. Since then, $200 for new windshield and back glass. And traded some work for new 10 ply Firestone tires. Rides like new as well now and only 197,000 miles. Another 3,000 and it will be broken in :)

If by attitude you mean loud, rattley, and rough riding (actually not really that rough) versus quiet and smooth riding, then yes. Old truck was great for taking to the hunt club and working out of but new truck is better and more comfortable for the family and daily driving. Some of that is 6 speed manual in the old truck versus the auto in the new one though.

I like them both, but they do have some differences.

Nice looking 3500. Glad you made it outta the wreck with the 2500. But it even looks good sittin up on its side. :)

Im runnin a 98 reg cab long bed, 2500 Goat with the 360 and its grossed 18K+ numerous occasions hauling logs and tractors. Maybe thats why the hitch is bent:)
92 Yota war wagon
76 Ford ton dump truck

Nice looking 3500. Glad you made it outta the wreck with the 2500. But it even looks good sittin up on its side. :)

Im runnin a 98 reg cab long bed, 2500 Goat with the 360 and its grossed 18K+ numerous occasions hauling logs and tractors. Maybe thats why the hitch is bent:)
92 Yota war wagon
76 Ford ton dump truck

Thanks LP, so far, so good on the new 3500. Had a guardian angel looking after me in the 2500 wreck. Had I plowed through the guard rail that I destroyed when the tire went out and I jackknifed, I would have been a whole lot worse. There was a long, steep drop off that I likely would not have survived. Being that it held, I walked away with a scratch on my elbow.

That's a big load on that gasser! Wouldn't like to have paid the fuel bill on that trip. I used to have a 2500 Dodge with the 360....not pretty at the pump.

attachment.php

How did you get the log on there???Pretty big. Did you superman it??:hmm3grin2orange:

I wish :) .........Used JD 4030 tractor and 3pt boom.
I milled that short log, other end was crotch wood and
had some nice grain in it.

I use ATV to haul saws, then go back with truck or tractor and wagon.
Cut wood on our farm, so it may lay there a day or two and don't
have to worry about someone taking it.

TT

Latest posts

Back