The unofficial Mac 10-10 thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I tore into the pro 10-10A last night to diagnose the no spark issue. Points looked good but I already have a chip so I yarded them out. The coil wire was bad so I replaced it with an automotive one. My question is what’s the spec for the ohms of resistance in the coil when checking from the coil wire to the core? I have it back together and still no spark. Didn’t check flywheel air gap either. Anyways I shelved it for the night and put the NOS bar on the PM10-10 just to feel like I accomplished something lol. View attachment 777852
First the primary coil wire to the spark wire has to be a copper core wire. I posted coil specs a few pages back. PM me if you can't find them.

I have a question about a black disc with a tit on it, found around or in the oil tank I can’t figure out where this part belongs in my later model 600014e electronic model 1010, determined to slap this puppy back together and fire it up! Thanks!

image.jpg image.jpg

image.jpg

One of my latest eBay finds. Per the usual “runs strong” advertisement it did so as long as the tank was near empty. First fill and the tank leaked everywhere so I replaced the gasket and installed a no leak bushing and fuel line. Filled it again and the carb leaked down overnight. Pulled the carb and found the previous owner neglected to connect the diaphragm to the metering lever.
BCD93998-D47E-4D7C-B0C6-729FD7797899.jpeg Got “puddles” back together, tuned, and slinging chips right proper like.

One of my latest eBay finds. Per the usual “runs strong” advertisement it did so as long as the tank was near empty. First fill and the tank leaked everywhere so I replaced the gasket and installed a no leak bushing and fuel line. Filled it again and the carb leaked down overnight. Pulled the carb and found the previous owner neglected to connect the diaphragm to the metering lever.
View attachment 780640 Got “puddles” back together, tuned, and slinging chips right proper like.

PUDDLES! I love it.

View attachment 780640 Got “puddles” back together, tuned, and slinging chips right proper like.
Did you use a cork gasket or one of the new rubber type?

Back