The War Wagon Chronicles

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No, I take them off for summer. I only put them on one machine up north. We don’t get enough snow at home to need tracks. I just run chains down here.
I figured you took them off but I do not know anything about them. As for chains they are a necessity here. I need to get mine on the Mule in a few days instead of waiting til I need them like normal
I vote "Yes" on chains!

I vote "Yes" on chains!
Last winter my brother called me up and asked if I wanted to go cut some logs. He said he had the skidder warming up. I said OK and told him to head on over. Well a bit later he rolls in and I start laughing at him. Now this is cold frozen weather. I laughed and asked him if he was missing something. He says what do you mean. I said well you aint no damm iron on her. He replied we will be fine. I laughed and said OK lets go. Now this is just Illinois but I am on the top of the Mississippi bluff. It is pretty steep. We headed down the timber over the bluff. He slipped and skidded a bit going down the road. We got to a flat spot and picked out some dead Ash. I put the first on on the ground and my nephew slides the skidder off in a ditch trying to get . My brother jumps in and gets the grapple on it . This is a little tree (maybe 30 inches)but he cannot move it. She just spins on the frozen ground. I finally convince him to just drop it. He says well I will run up the hill a ways and cable it up. Of course the skidder would not even drive itself back up the hill. We end up setting a winchline and it winched it self. Then turned around and winched the tree up. We eventually got the tree to the top about 2 hours later. When we got it to the top he looks at me and says......"I don't think we better try to get anymore" I laugh and say well no **** go put the iron on.

About 2-3 weeks later that skidder ended upside down in a ravine with 4 wheels in the air. He hung the iron after that

That was down in dewey near big bug. we have a little snow on the ground here, there is a big storm tonight that supposed to dump on us hopefully!
That is what folks do not get. They hear Arizona or New Mexico and think warm desert. I remember a guy in Flagstaff sending me some pics of being snowed in. He said the great thing was drive down a bit...no snow....

Love the scenery! What body of water is that?
When you gonna build war wagon 2.0 with an extra axle? 😁
Duel pivot axles?!?! 😲 Hmmmmmmm! 🤔 Those along with a few other upgrades I have in mind.....

....'lve had a vision!😰 I saw a War Wagon 2.0 In my future! 🥺 It was named 👹"HELL WAGON"!!!👹....

...AAAHHHHHHHH!!!!

Come on guys let's see some picks of a good ol fashioned "OVERLOAD"!!!

...Log truck, Pickup...
... "OVERLOADED" with..
..Wood, Rocks,...
....Gold, Feathers...
..Shoes, Socks...

...An "OVERLOADED"..
.. Unicycle, Bike...
...A merry go round...
... An "OVERLOADED" Anything...
.... Anything Around...

...An "OVERLOADED" child...
..girl or boy...