The War Wagon Chronicles

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man I hate working with wood in the snow. Gloves get wet, you get wet... Had to when I was at the mill. just miserable conditions.
Yes! Miserable conditions it can be in the snow sometimes! However, it's all good as long as you kept that mill backed up and "OVERLOADED!!!" with logs! 😉

Yes! Miserable conditions it can be in the snow sometimes! However, it's all good as long as you kept that mill backed up and "OVERLOADED!!!" with logs! 😉
This was in Central IL where we get that wet snow unlike the North West/West. Actually, I'm not sure what your snow is like.
The mill was a circle mill in a local farming community, that in its day provide barn lumber, fence boards and pallets. I worked there for only a short time during its down side period before it eventually burned down. Two people only. We'd mill half a dozen or so hardwood logs on a good day. A lot of time spent moving the lumber around and cleaning up.

This was in Central IL where we get that wet snow unlike the North West/West. Actually, I'm not sure what your snow is like.
The mill was a circle mill in a local farming community, that in its day provide barn lumber, fence boards and pallets. I worked there for only a short time during its down side period before it eventually burned down. Two people only. We'd mill half a dozen or so hardwood logs on a good day. A lot of time spent moving the lumber around and cleaning up.
That sounds like Sears or Mille's

Roger!👍
Good story! 👍 Thanks fir sharing. Yeah we get a lot of wet heavy snow here too. Makes dealing with logs or rounds a sloppy wet pain in the a**! Sometimes!👎

Di
Nice! However, being as Im not familiar with your truck or trailer's safe max OVERLOAD capacity? Wood you merely call that loaded, or "OVERLOADED"?!?!
Is that a dump trailer? If so, what's the gross weight capacity? If you don't mind me asking? Im in the market for a dump trailer. Just trying to get an idea on the size of yours.

Load One from todays snag. To put me "OVERLOADED!!!" once again!

Notice the Eagles nest in the top of the school marmed lone snag in the back drop.🇺🇸👍😉
You ain't loaded unless you're "OVERLOADED!!!"
Do not cut that tree. I am serious. I live right on the Mississippi at Dam16 where we get a bit of open water during the year for the Walleye and the Eagles to do battle with fisherman. It is a beautiful site and is a great balance of nature and man.

Do not cut that tree. I am serious. I live right on the Mississippi at Dam16 where we get a bit of open water during the year for the Walleye and the Eagles to do battle with fisherman. It is a beautiful site and is a great balance of nature and man.
Why would I? Id be breaking the law if I did fir one. Two, I have a bit more respect fir wildlife and our Country's national bird. Wether it be a disease ridden scavenging voulcher in disguise or not! 😉
Bald Eagles reside on Kodiak Island by the thousands! When I was a commercial fisherman offloading a hefty packed "OVERLOADED" fish hold of product. The Eagles would and STIHL do perch all over the docks and boats. Up in the rigg'n, on the masts, the deck railings s**ting all over the place! Eating right out of our hands. Stinking like rotten fish! It also was a beautiful site and a great balance between nature and man! Well actually, 🤔 Maybe not?

It was John Adams that insisted on the Bald Eagle as our National bird. Ben Franklin voted the Wild Turkey. Thomas Jefferson voted the Dove. Did you know that @Bill G? 🤔
I don't think George Washington even gave a hoot if it was the common Barn Owl! He was probably just happy the War was over!🇺🇸👍😉

🤨Well, that wood looks fairly dry, rotten and light!☝️ Witch raise the question! Are you merely loaded, or are you "OVERLOADED!!!"
Judging by the suspension squish on your side by side? We shall go with? 🤔Hmmmmmm?....
ast
"OVERLOADED!!!" 👍 Good on ya!
The last load was indeed on the limit of being thrown out but the first load on the previous page was quality English Ash.
I spent the Covid Lockdowns in 2020 building a splitter around the Matbro Telehandler and splitting wood.
Now the Mule may not be overloaded but the old grain store is definitely on the way to becoming overloaded!

1671263266133.jpeg

The last load was indeed on the limit of being thrown out but the first load on the previous page was quality English Ash.
I spent the Covid Lockdowns in 2020 building a splitter around the Matbro Telehandler and splitting wood.
Now the Mule may not be overloaded but the old grain store is definitely on the way to becoming overloaded!

View attachment 1041449

Agreed! Well on its way! Because....

You ain't loaded unless you're "OVERLOADED!!!"😉

Why would I? Id be breaking the law if I did fir one. Two, I have a bit more respect fir wildlife and our Country's national bird. Wether it be a disease ridden scavenging voulcher in disguise or not! 😉
Bald Eagles reside on Kodiak Island by the thousands! When I was a commercial fisherman offloading a hefty packed "OVERLOADED" fish hold of product. The Eagles would and STIHL do perch all over the docks and boats. Up in the rigg'n, on the masts, the deck railings s**ting all over the place! Eating right out of our hands. Stinking like rotten fish! It also was a beautiful site and a great balance between nature and man! Well actually, 🤔 Maybe not?

It was John Adams that insisted on the Bald Eagle as our National bird. Ben Franklin voted the Wild Turkey. Thomas Jefferson voted the Dove. Did you know that @Bill G? 🤔
I don't think George Washington even gave a hoot if it was the common Barn Owl! He was probably just happy the War was over!🇺🇸👍😉
I did not figure you would cut it but some might. I knew Ben Franklin wanted the turkey. I have often wondered what it would be like if he got his way.

Back