The working man, and chainsaw thread!!!!!!!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bet my friend, you are always on the go, first time I ever heard you say you actually stopped. Glad you got down time, yep cutting soon my friend!

Randy, you get rested up? This working man is getting burnt out on the 2:30 rise and shin, sand the roads. I know the early bird gets the worm, but this is ridiculous:dizzy: Aaron about time to do some cutting, pretty close....

Randy, you get rested up? This working man is getting burnt out on the 2:30 rise and shin, sand the roads. I know the early bird gets the worm, but this is ridiculous:dizzy: Aaron about time to do some cutting, pretty close....

Norm,
hope you're not on that 2:30 schedule for an "extended" time, that will wear you out quick when you're not used to it.
I am getting rested, when I'm able. :dizzy: Always more to do. Got my throwline stuck tight in one of the Ash trees behind my house after work yesterday. You know what that means, ayuh, got my other throwline out after work today and climbed up to get it. Put up a pretty good throw on the second try, 70' up. :D Took the camera with me and got a few good pics(pruned off some deadwood too). Oh yeah, I did get my other throwline.....

.....here's a little different view of my woodshed(looks a lot smaller from up here).....
attachment.php

.....70 feet below.....
attachment.php

.....got the rope over a bigger limb this time.....
attachment.php

.....the moon.....
attachment.php

.....can't "waste" a climb up, gotta do some work while I'm up here.....
attachment.php

Have a good week.

Randy great pictures my friend, nice view! Seems like my schedule for awhile now, ice eevry morning, sanding by 5 am, and working till 330, been tired, to say the least.

Randy great pictures my friend, nice view! Seems like my schedule for awhile now, ice eevry morning, sanding by 5 am, and working till 330, been tired, to say the least.

Norm,
make sure you get your rest, working while tired is one of the biggest causes of injuries/accidents. ;)
Also, when the body get's tired is when you're most likely to get sick. :msp_scared:
Work safe. :msp_thumbsup:

Norm,
Have you been able to "catch up" on your rest this weekend? :dunno: Hope so.
After I got out of work at 11:00am this morning went home and stoked up the wood stove. Felt a little "ambitious" so I changed the cutting edge on the Church plow. Was still feeling "ambitious" so I pruned some dead wood out of an Oak that was next to the house/driveway of an older couple living on our Church property(our school Minister of Education and his wife). The top 10-12ft of the tree was dead and being so close to the home made me VERY concerned about their safety. I got a couple before and after pics, but no "action" pics or video. sorry. No one was available to run the camera. Not a very big tree, maybe close to 50ft(more like 40ft now:hmm3grin2orange: ). Other than the top dying the tree seemed to be in good health. I'll keep an eye on it.....

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Good morning everyone. Randy yes resting up today, hunted yesterday, put in some hours but a great day. Was a cold start no pigs, but great day. Found a big Oak down, for the gang and I to cut up. Will let Aaron know of course:msp_biggrin:

Good morning everyone. Randy yes resting up today, hunted yesterday, put in some hours but a great day. Was a cold start no pigs, but great day. Found a big Oak down, for the gang and I to cut up. Will let Aaron know of course:msp_biggrin:

Norm,
getting outside is great, whatever you're doing, cutting/hiking/hunting. If it's a successful hunt, well that's icing on the cake! :D
If not, it's still good. :msp_thumbup:
That big Oak sounds like a great opportunity to try out your 395, eh Norm? ;)

Been very quiet for me lately guys. some below zero weather around these parts now.

Good to see you all are keeping busy.

Did go to an Iowa one call annual meeting today. It is a good idea for anyone running any stump grinders or for that matter running heavy equipment over area that might not normally be done. I guess in our area that some people have disturbed fiber optic cables just by driving heavy trucks over the surface and the contractors are responsible for that.

I'm going to the next baby step level and making my business work under a LLC. now. Should be done in the next couple of weeks. No idea what the summer will hold for me. I have been told I have work to do this spring from several people , but I'm not ready to spend that money until it's in the bank.

Also set my self up so that I can take credit cards via that square reader as well. Sometimes that is a deciding factor for some people on getting work done. So I want to have that option available as well.

Was going to put a new wheel on the grinder but after talking to my neighbor, machine shop owner. He is going to repair a crack in this one and hope to get through one more season and then most likely will have to do something.

Waiting on getting my MS660 back from WI as it is out for porting. TreeMonkey is doing the work.

I did put together a MS360 pro I bought for tree work that had a broke crank as well recently. That one is in the stable ready to go now.

Been very quiet for me lately guys. some below zero weather around these parts now.

Good to see you all are keeping busy.

Did go to an Iowa one call annual meeting today. It is a good idea for anyone running any stump grinders or for that matter running heavy equipment over area that might not normally be done. I guess in our area that some people have disturbed fiber optic cables just by driving heavy trucks over the surface and the contractors are responsible for that.

I'm going to the next baby step level and making my business work under a LLC. now. Should be done in the next couple of weeks. No idea what the summer will hold for me. I have been told I have work to do this spring from several people , but I'm not ready to spend that money until it's in the bank.

Also set my self up so that I can take credit cards via that square reader as well. Sometimes that is a deciding factor for some people on getting work done. So I want to have that option available as well.

Was going to put a new wheel on the grinder but after talking to my neighbor, machine shop owner. He is going to repair a crack in this one and hope to get through one more season and then most likely will have to do something.

Waiting on getting my MS660 back from WI as it is out for porting. TreeMonkey is doing the work.

I did put together a MS360 pro I bought for tree work that had a broke crank as well recently. That one is in the stable ready to go now.

Hey Shane,
good to hear from you again. Been gettin' cold weather here also. Don't know about you but for me, working in that kind of cold is only as LAST resort. ;) Sounds like you're putting yourself in a position to get more business and to do more business. That's great to hear, hope you get a "full schedule" early in the season. :D
Time to get ready for work, put wood in the stove, make some coffee.....:msp_sleep:

Shane great to see you, cool on the 660 porting! And a reputable fellow! And good call on the fiber optic heads up. You hit em here, and be paying fines for a lifetime, seven figures maybe they say, just in repair. Randy Coffee, and wood in the stove, know it well!

Shane great to see you, cool on the 660 porting! And a reputable fellow! And good call on the fiber optic heads up. You hit em here, and be paying fines for a lifetime, seven figures maybe they say, just in repair. Randy Coffee, and wood in the stove, know it well!

Ayuh, lots of wood in the stove right now. Temps 5[SUP]o[/SUP] to 10[SUP]o[/SUP] below 0 tonight. :cold:
I got a full wrap, OEM bar for my 385xp. Arrived on my doorstep yesterday. It's in pretty good shape, I had to "tweak" it a bit to fit. I like the look of it, I'm lookin' forward to using it to take down some trees. :D The price for the bar wasn't too bad($59), the shipping was a bit high($19), but I'm happy with it. Seems like the saw will be safer to use with a full wrap bar on it. I'll get a pic or two and post 'em.....
Have a good week, and don't forget to get some sleep. :msp_sleep:

Ayuh, lots of wood in the stove right now. Temps 5[SUP]o[/SUP] to 10[SUP]o[/SUP] below 0 tonight. :cold:
I got a full wrap, OEM bar for my 385xp. Arrived on my doorstep yesterday. It's in pretty good shape, I had to "tweak" it a bit to fit. I like the look of it, I'm lookin' forward to using it to take down some trees. :D The price for the bar wasn't too bad($59), the shipping was a bit high($19), but I'm happy with it. Seems like the saw will be safer to use with a full wrap bar on it. I'll get a pic or two and post 'em.....
Have a good week, and don't forget to get some sleep. :msp_sleep:

Shipping can be a killer on stuff now days. I have been selling some odds and ends on evilbay and short changed myself on more than a few items by charging to little for shipping. USPS is not cheap:msp_sad:

Latest posts

Back