The working man, and chainsaw thread!!!!!!!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I will also add that this was the first time running the MS660 that Tree Monkey ported about a month ago:clap:

It did not disappoint at all. It pulls a 36" with great authority:rock:

Shane,
very nicely done, great pics, and great aim dropping that multi-stem right on the line. :clap:
Sounds like you've got yourself a great saw for the "bigger" stuff(I'm a little jealous :hmm3grin2orange: ).
Maybe a pic of the "finished product" when you're done.....:Eye:^:Eye:

I put in a call before you dig so after Tuesday its one with the stump grinder. I will most likely go up there in the mean time and flush the stumps and get the stump grinder out of storage. So if everything lines up right I should have the job done this week if weather holds out.

I will get a pictures if I can.

Alex, Shane, Randy hello my friends. Randy can't believe how you cleaned up that saw, looks totally different. Looks brand new almost, great job! Shane very nice work, very nice. My 395 is up and running very well! Aaron, the gang and I are that much closer to cutting some decent oaks! And Randy I will take many pictures!

Alex, Shane, Randy hello my friends. Randy can't believe how you cleaned up that saw, looks totally different. Looks brand new almost, great job! Shane very nice work, very nice. My 395 is up and running very well! Aaron, the gang and I are that much closer to cutting some decent oaks! And Randy I will take many pictures!

Norm,
looking forward to those pictures. :biggrinbounce2:
Ayuh, that 385 cleaned up really nice, I couldn't be happier, it's a real workhorse.
Got a little surprise at work today, the co worker I cut the Saphouse Hemlock for handed me some pictures his wife took of me working. Here's a few of 'em, not great quality, they're pics of pics, but you get the idea.....

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Pure awesomeness Randy! Great pictures. Hey I do the photo of photos all the time my friend. many here ever tried moto mix? Been giving it a whirl lately I have.

I agree on the trailer Randy! Makes it nice I bet. Shane great to see u, but I am a pitch fork school dropout:cool2::laugh:

Randy nice picture of you up on the stick:D I hardly ever have anyone around to take them, but I also don't climb that much ether.

The trailer is a huge back saver. It did run into a problem with it though yesterday which has happened more than once. The battery died after the first dump. I still went back and filled it again and that time it died after I got the trailer dumped , but couldn't lower it. I had a trickle charger on it for two days prior to using it and the battery is only a year old. Maybe the trickle charger was not enough. SO my wife drove up to where I was and we jumper cabled it to lower it.

What I ended up doing so I never run into this again is I ran a direct 4 gauge line from the vehicle battery to the bumper with a quick disconnect so now I can quick connect to my battery on the trailer. I keep blowing the fuse under the hood for charging the battery from the vehicle going down the road.

What seems to be happening is once the battery starts to get low it tries to draw power from the smaller charging line on the vehicle and blows that fuse so when I drive around the battery is not getting re-chearged. I might in the end have to put a second battery in the tahoe if this proves to much for it.

I have read where other people did this as well as they kept having the same problem and this was a solution they used as well.

Thanks for the positive comments

Good deal Shane, what you did with your plug, just what I was thinking. Plug it into the vehicle connector, great idea. I have heard of this happening before, to a friend or two of mine, and they had to jump it like u said.

A friend the runs. Towing and repair shop set me up with connectors like the use on their tow trucks.

I still have to make a bracket to the hitch to hold it.

veqyvena.jpg

A friend the runs. Towing and repair shop set me up with connectors like the use on their tow trucks.

I still have to make a bracket to the hitch to hold it.

veqyvena.jpg

Very nicely done. :msp_thumbup: It's gotta be very frustrating having a piece of equipment like that and not being able to use it. :bang: Hopefully you'll get the problem permanently fixed.

Storm coming Friday night, I know what I'll be doing Saturday.....:hmm3grin2orange:

Very nicely done. :msp_thumbup: It's gotta be very frustrating having a piece of equipment like that and not being able to use it. :bang: Hopefully you'll get the problem permanently fixed.

Storm coming Friday night, I know what I'll be doing Saturday.....:hmm3grin2orange:

It is very frustrating. All the parts plus wiring to the trailer cost me $200 copper is higher than a wood pecker hole on cost wow! It will be money well spend in the long run in time saved.

I see you are supposed to get a brush of weather in the next little while. I really wish that would hit here. We need the moisture in the worst way.

It is very frustrating. All the parts plus wiring to the trailer cost me $200 copper is higher than a wood pecker hole on cost wow! It will be money well spend in the long run in time saved.

I see you are supposed to get a brush of weather in the next little while. I really wish that would hit here. We need the moisture in the worst way.

Ayuh,
all the "weather guys" are hyping it pretty heavy. :msp_rolleyes: Looks like this time they might actually be right. :hmm3grin2orange:
Even if we don't get a direct hit we should get over a foot of snow. :msp_ohmy:
Hope you get something out your way to get some water in the ground.

Wow, they are right for once?????:laugh::blob2::D that is a surprise, I love it with they predict 70 degrees, and sunshine, and you get 3 inches of rain. Then there reply, whoops, then one snuck up on eyes, came in so fast:D Kinda wonder about that radar? Ahh, trying to make the GTG Aaron and friends put together for this weekend, but as life goes, busy and behind. PS I been behind on saw maintenance.

Switching all my saws to non etyhanol gas. Started with moto mix today, had to re-tune them all, busted the tach out. Had to do a job for jeannes dad today, saws all running great, but my pole saw. Forgot my camera in my other truck, got a cell pic and quick video. No net on my phone though. With the Parmeter brothers helping me, we made short work on this tree, some rigging and pulling, had to reduce it in size, one of the trees that gets pruned back to nothing every year. But this one was let go for years, got some decent branches on it. Randy I can text you the pic and video to post??

Norm I'm going to look into getting VP SEF94 non-eth fuel in five gallon cans. If a couple of us split it, the cost isn't so bad. Cheaper than TrueFuel and MotoMix. SEF94 is available with and without oil. I'm inclined to go with the straight stuff............that way I KNOW that the fuel is running the right oil at the right amount, because I mixed it. Will let you know what I find out regarding pricing and such...

Back