The working man, and chainsaw thread!!!!!!!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Switching all my saws to non etyhanol gas. Started with moto mix today, had to re-tune them all, busted the tach out. Had to do a job for jeannes dad today, saws all running great, but my pole saw. Forgot my camera in my other truck, got a cell pic and quick video. No net on my phone though. With the Parmeter brothers helping me, we made short work on this tree, some rigging and pulling, had to reduce it in size, one of the trees that gets pruned back to nothing every year. But this one was let go for years, got some decent branches on it. Randy I can text you the pic and video to post??

Norm,
sounds like you got a good bit of work done. :msp_thumbup:
Text??? I just advanced out of the stone age.....:msp_confused::hmm3grin2orange: I'll PM you my Email. ;)

Aaron please do Im game. I am DONE! with pump gas no more e10 fuel ever! And re-tuned all my saws. Had more trouble with my pole saw, even adding additives to the e-10 gas. No more! I ran and have moto mix in them now, and want eth, free gas from now on. Randy that's what I meant I have to text it to you, because my phone has no email, or internet service plan, of any kind.

Back to the cemetery. The power company came and cut these trees below power line. I would guess the trunks are twenty foot or longer. A guy is going to mill them I guess for furniture so left them long. They tried cutting one of them down as they had cut into the biggest one 40" didn't pull any of them. Just notched nd hoped I did the right thing.
upe5u6ym.jpg
uqa9ubes.jpg
6e8usaja.jpg

Looks like it got hit....

When they seprated the trunks all they had to do is tweak it a little:clap: When I got there after they had everything cleaned up only one fence post had to be replaced and that was one I completely crushed by a multi-stem tree. Was no avoiding it on that one.

The picture of the fence was the concern as it had been there a long time. Guessing the better part of up to 100 years and the cross topper would be impossible to reproduce.

Not to mention toppling a grave marker over would cost more than the this job pays I would guess.

I have to wait until the ground refreezes and they get the trunks out before I can go grind them. Not sure if that will happen this week or not. I was slipping and sliding in the mud today as the top layer has thawed so I was like a hog on ice. I'm just really happy it is on the down hill run now.

The work has been a very nice boost to the start of the year for me. I'm grateful for it and the cooperative weather to boot.

Nice work Shane! Call me crazy but I like the jobs that take more skill, and present a challenge.:clap:

NOt so sure I would call this job a high skill one, but it sure had a high penalty for failure if there was any mistake on where those trunks went.

You guys that climb up high and rope everythign down my hats off to you. I have climber but nothing like you guys are posting. I just feel at my weight I can only go so high on a stem and then risk breakage:msp_scared:

You and me both on the climbing, me no like heights! Lucky We have John and Jesus! John is definately one of a fine breed. I have seen him do jobs, and trees, that good climbers I know would not have the nerve. He is at a different level of good. I like the sound of that high penalty for failure, we all know the ring to that!

Well, the heights don't bother me, I really enjoy the challenge of this kind of work. It's the hitting the ground at a "high rate of speed" that I'm always trying to avoid..... :msp_scared: :hmm3grin2orange:
Time to make coffee, put wood in the stove, and get ready for work.....:msp_sleep:
Have a safe week. :msp_thumbsup:

Someday I wish I could conquer the heights. Maybe I would make a good climber I have watched enough good work, have the skill not the nerve. Never know even if I got over the heights does not mean I would be a good climber. Good to see ya friends! Randy I miss my coffee been three days for me, down with a stomach flu. Couldn't hold anything down. Starting to eat today and feel better. Was hoping to cut maybe this weekend. Or at least get out of the house.

Someday I wish I could conquer the heights. Maybe I would make a good climber I have watched enough good work, have the skill not the nerve. Never know even if I got over the heights does not mean I would be a good climber. Good to see ya friends! Randy I miss my coffee been three days for me, down with a stomach flu. Couldn't hold anything down. Starting to eat today and feel better. Was hoping to cut maybe this weekend. Or at least get out of the house.

Norm,
sorry to hear you're not feeling well, hope you get rid of that flu bug quick. ;) It's never easy being down with the flu, miserable really. Get well soon so you can get out and cut. :msp_thumbup:
I was able to get out into my back yard and set a rope 50 feet up in an Oak. I climbed up the whole 50ft, no stopping, using that Hitch Hiker I got a few months back. Still trying to get used to it and fine tune it some more, but it's working great! Never thought I would be climbing SRT. Got a few 4"-5" dead pruned off while I was up there, couldn't see climbing all the way up without doing some cutting(used my Silky hand saw). I also got a few pics.....

.....stopping to rest at the top, 50ft up.....
attachment.php

.....dead limbs, gotta go.....
attachment.php

.....pruning cut.....
attachment.php

.....sunset over my neighborhood.....
attachment.php

.....great moon shot, and another pruning cut.....
attachment.php

That is the problem. Everyone in the Dept that got this year's flu shot got sick. I haven't had a flu shot since 2008, I was sick for a month afterwards.

Yeah you're probably right Randy. My Dr browbeat me into getting one this year. Before that..............I think the last one I got was sometime in the 1990's. Did you receive my email?

Nice work as Always Randy Nice climbing job my friend! Aaron, yeah Jeanne had to go to the dr, get some iv fluids. Said a stomach virus, we both been off work all week. Couldn't even hold down or stomach water. A jug of gatorade started to revive me, I knew I needed it, that stuff is amazing. randy mac I got a flu shot once in my life, about 4-5 years ago. Never again, to many starins and the last time they told me they gave out the wrong one to come back, for another. No thanks sir I don't want another, do they even know what they are giving ya! Aaron get back to me about your new saw, you know I am all ears:msp_rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back