The working man, and chainsaw thread!!!!!!!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Helping our friend Steve, also the owner of one of our hunting ranche's, summer before last. Clear some madrone's. He was building a driveway to his ranch. After some hard cutting for the day, Jesus and I were pretty tire'd, but I aske'd my good buddy Jesus if, he thought he had enough energy to go for a evening deer hunt. I got a nice 3x3 buck.

Butt end looks a little like beech. How does that stuff burn? And coals? Very nice!!

Helping our friend Steve, also the owner of one of our hunting ranche's, summer before last. Clear some madrone's. He was building a driveway to his ranch. After some hard cutting for the day, Jesus and I were pretty tire'd, but I aske'd my good buddy Jesus if, he thought he had enough energy to go for a evening deer hunt. I got a nice 3x3 buck.

That wood is different to ours by streets, kinda like our rainforest softwoods which are locked up.
like the d5 cat, a lot of those working out here today

nice animal in the other pics, we do have some deer around these parts but mostly fallow with some russa if lucky enough to spot one.

Last edited:

Good job, and a nice buck Norm. I like those Remington pump guns. Very handy. They share some parts and such with the 870 shotguns too. LMK if you ever need any work done on it.

Butt end looks a little like beech. How does that stuff burn? And coals? Very nice!!

That Madrone is DENSE, heavy, hard stuff. It's best to throw in a fire after you've got some coals down already. Burns HOT, and leaves good coals. You have to be careful with it, as it'll overheat and warp as stove if you stoke it with too much Madrone and let it get too much oxygen. Seen that before.....

Thank's fella's, those blacktail's probably look familler to you Will. Aaron is dead on with that Madrone, burn's real good, and hot, minimal ash. BTU"S up there with, or more than Eucalyptus. Split's easy. To be honest, that is the biggest buck I ever got. I love my 7600 Aaron, and it's a 30-06:clap: You guy's will like this, I have no garage, and until I can be a working man, who actually get's money. I have to settle for a rubbermaid shed, for the saw's. It has been a lifesaver though. Neil that dozer picture'd earlier is one of three, he has a nice d-8, and then this one I picture'd nickname fat allis. Has a 22, or 24 foot blade I forget, but it is impressive. Here also is my hardworking ranger with 260k for mileage. Almost all mountain, tree job, woodcutting, boar huntign mile's. Trie'd and true:clap:

Thank's fella's, those blacktail's probably look familler to you Will. Aaron is dead on with that Madrone, burn's real good, and hot, minimal ash. BTU"S up there with, or more than Eucalyptus. Split's easy. To be honest, that is the biggest buck I ever got. I love my 7600 Aaron, and it's a 30-06:clap: You guy's will like this, I have no garage, and until I can be a working man, who actually get's money. I have to settle for a rubbermaid shed, for the saw's. It has been a lifesaver though. Neil that dozer picture'd earlier is one of three, he has a nice d-8, and then this one I picture'd nickname fat allis. Has a 22, or 24 foot blade I forget, but it is impressive. Here also is my hardworking ranger with 260k for mileage. Almost all mountain, tree job, woodcutting, boar huntign mile's. Trie'd and true:clap:

I have the exact same shed Norm. But just gardening stuff in it, no saws.

I sure would love a real shop someday Will, but for know it has to do. We have four of them in the yard, and they have been real handy.

Nice buck Kimble! I have a few that come in the yard. Kinda like seeing em, my dog's don't like em, and are traine'd not to chase em, and hog's only. My neighboor doesn't get out like I do to hunt, and look's for the buck's by my mail box LOL!

You guy's may get a kick out of this. I let her go unharmed. In Moraga

Years ago, one of my hunting bud's grabbed a little squeaker like that hiding by the gate of the hunting property we used to go to on Anapolis Road. He raised her to an adult. He'd planned on breeding her. I need to call him to find out what happened with that sow. Last time I saw her, she was at least 200 pounds. A bit bigger than the little stinker we grabbed back in 2005 or so...:D

Nice! You still hunt there Aaron? I got a spot by the Odion Budhist temple.

Unfortunately no Norm. I'm good friends with a guy who's buddies with the guy that was running the ranch for the owner. That guy (not my friend) pissed off the owner somehow (I don't have the details) and got the boot. The whole club collapsed from what I understand. I haven't been on that ranch since 2007 or so. My friend had been doing road and clearing work in exchange for club membership (like what you've been doing with your ranches), but that connection died when the other fellow got booted out. Too bad. It was a a ranch thick with pigs. Killer terrain though. Some damn dope growing trespassers to deal with from time to time too. Gullies, rain, redwoods, and pigs. No dog hunting though. Just spot and stalk. They were so thick in there that you had a good chance of getting into pigs if you beat your body a bit...

Yep Aaron, that suck's on the luck. When I was starting dog's, and Boar hunting in my teen's, I had ton's of friend's I thought. Because they all wanted to hunt with me. We have kept a narrow margin over the year's. It work's alot better that way. So many people are just in it for themselve's. I have met alot of guy's who don't respect the wood's or there dog's. Almost a couple fist fight's early on. I have learned to read people, and what personalitie's mix. And some guy's just don't fit in to a group. Jerry I am not sure on the engine, but that thing is a monster, and impressive when you walk up to it. The owner has two ranche's we hunt, and the dozer is stuck in the bay area. He can't haul it back to his other ranch near the coast, in the hill's by where I grew up, because of the size, and weight. It would have to be dismantled.

Good stuff Kimble, and thank's for the jump start LOL! Nice motorcyles too! I dont think Aaron like's bike's, because they didn't offer kart engine's:hmm3grin2orange: Had some nice yellow one's though! Today my friend's the working man was stuck doing traffic control. I was just past the small town of Bodega, near the cemetary, and hwy 1. We were in a nice Eacalyptugrove that I appreciated all day. I did fantasize about whidling some up for firewood:laugh: Had to settle for some limbing with the pole saw:D

Hah! This has gone far enough. Time for some diversity.

Here's a working dog.
View attachment 209310

A working grandma.
View attachment 209312

And, so the thread is on track, some working guys rigging up a stump for a skyline anchor.
View attachment 209311
Very nice! Awesome dog, and you know I love dog's. Like the purple scabbard, what was the saw you were holding in the pic? That was some rigging indeed, almost need to number the line's eh? LOL! CO-ed is alwya's fine with me!

Latest posts

Back