The working man, and chainsaw thread!!!!!!!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree with Rburg, on the nice shed. Cool stuff Randy nice pics too. Man that's cold, I whine here when it's in the 30's:(

I agree with Rburg, on the nice shed. Cool stuff Randy nice pics too. Man that's cold, I whine here when it's in the 30's:(

Norm,
I gotta do what I gotta do, love the snow but not the bitter cold. :msp_thumbdn: ;)
Did some cutting today. Cut, split, and stacked more wood on my Church property in our cutting/splitting/woodshed area. Everything "stove length" was split and stacked in the shed. We also cut/split/stacked a little bit from the big pile of 4 footers. Temps in the low 30's, which ain't too bad but the wind was gusting hard for most of the day. :cold:

.....here's what it looked like 3 weeds ago.....

attachment.php

.....and here's today, almost got it full again, with a lot more wood left to cut/split/stack.....

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Yep it never ends, sometimes that is part of the fun as long is it's saw related. Working man needs to cut some wood soon on this end:cool2:

Yep it never ends, sometimes that is part of the fun as long is it's saw related. Working man needs to cut some wood soon on this end:cool2:

Damn right!:D

A couple days ago I just gave the last of my firewood stock to a family that needs it. Since we moved to this house we haven't been able to burn firewood. Been giving my firewood to needy families through our church. It's time for me to stock up again and get wood split and drying for next season.
:cheers:

Last edited:

Ayuh,
I always enjoy it when it's saw related.....:D

Damn right!:D

A couple days ago I just gave the last of my firewood stock to a family that needs it. Since we moved to this house we haven't been able to burn firewood. Been giving my firewood to needy families through our church. It's time for me to stock up again and get wood split and drying for next season.
:cheers:

Very nice. :msp_thumbup: Working through your Church is a great way to make sure it gets to the families that really need it. :clap:
Time to put some wood in my stove, make some coffee, and get ready for work.....

Norm,
by the way, what's a fair price on an OEM full wrap bar, in good condition, for my 385xp? I'm thinkin' of puttin' one on.....:help:

Id say 1/3 to 1/2 of what it costs new for a used one, although i imagine its a pita to find a used one and if you're having it shipped add another 10-15 or so as they are hard to come by on the east coast used.

Id say 1/3 to 1/2 of what it costs new for a used one, although i imagine its a pita to find a used one and if you're having it shipped add another 10-15 or so as they are hard to come by on the east coast used.

Thanks Alex,
that's a big help. :msp_thumbup: Gives me a good idea of price range 'cause I've never shopped around for before. ;)

My saw shop is able to get OEM new, for maybe 95 dollars, it was for a 372 anyway. Seems used full wraps are a good penny these days, If I was you I would check new. I would think by the time it's shipped you would be in a used one for at least 50-70, similar to what Alex said. Madsens sells them for like 50 bucks new, they say for pro use they last not to long in the woods, but for what guys like us do, probably last some time.

After I got my sewing done :hmm3grin2orange: I worked outside the next couple days.....

.....before.....

attachment.php

.....after.....

attachment.php

.....also finished stacking my wood.....

attachment.php
attachment.php

I like to take advantage of my "days off".....;)

Time to make coffee, put wood in the stove(-1[SUP]o[/SUP] yesterday morning), get ready for work.....

Top pics mate and a nice little shed to boot as it should be, full.
like the snow, looks good on the ground like that.

Seems a little odd as we, out here is Oz are haveing major fire problems in the south.
Here is NSW i heard today, a fine of $150 000.00 for deliberatly lighting a fire, our fire danger level today is , Catastropic, the highest level on the board.
I feel sorry for those volenteer and professional fire fighters who will be called on somewhere, sometime to try and save homes, sheds and stock etc.

My saw shop is able to get OEM new, for maybe 95 dollars, it was for a 372 anyway. Seems used full wraps are a good penny these days, If I was you I would check new. I would think by the time it's shipped you would be in a used one for at least 50-70, similar to what Alex said. Madsens sells them for like 50 bucks new, they say for pro use they last not to long in the woods, but for what guys like us do, probably last some time.

Thanks Norm,
I'll take a look. :)
Time to get ready for work, put wood in the stove, MAKE COFFEE.....:msp_sleep:

Top pics mate and a nice little shed to boot as it should be, full.
like the snow, looks good on the ground like that.

Seems a little odd as we, out here is Oz are haveing major fire problems in the south.
Here is NSW i heard today, a fine of $150 000.00 for deliberatly lighting a fire, our fire danger level today is , Catastropic, the highest level on the board.
I feel sorry for those volenteer and professional fire fighters who will be called on somewhere, sometime to try and save homes, sheds and stock etc.

Thanks, :msp_thumbup:
Very sorry to hear about the fire danger down your way. :msp_ohmy:
Hope the weather changes for the better for you all. :)

Aaron just saw your post, anytime my friend you are welcome to wood with us! I agree with Randy nice well great work for the church, helping out. Randy I agree with Neil top pics for sure. And Neil I feel the same as Randy sorry about your fire troubles.

Aaron just saw your post, anytime my friend you are welcome to wood with us! I agree with Randy nice well great work for the church, helping out. Randy I agree with Neil top pics for sure. And Neil I feel the same as Randy sorry about your fire troubles.

It's no good having fire trouble like that, I really do hope the weather changes for them. ;)
Did some climbing/pruning in my backyard after work yesterday. Sorry, no pics. I'm still "fine tuning" my Hitch Hiker setup. The weather was "bearable"(mid 30's), so I put a rope in one of my Red Maples, climbed up about 35ft, and cut off some dead branches. The more I use it the more I like it. :msp_thumbup:
Time to put wood in the stove, make coffee, and get ready for work.....:msp_sleep:

Still "fine tuning" my Hitch Hiker setup. The more I use it the more I see how it's going to make working in the tree easier.
I set a rope 60' up (yes I measured it) in a Red Oak in my back yard tonight after work, and I even took the time to prune a dead limb on the way down. There was more dead wood to be pruned off but it was getting dark fast so I had to call it quits. :( I know, I know, if I didn't get pics it didn't happen. It just so happens I took the camera with me this time.....

.....it really wasn't as dark as it looked, my view looking down.....

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

.....oops!, I guess I'm not set in the crotch .....

attachment.php

attachment.php

When I reached the "top" I got a bit of a surprise. :msp_scared: It looked from the ground like the rope was set in the crotch. And yes, I did 2 or 3 hard "bounce checks" to make sure the rope was secure. That's why I like working with Oak so much, it's very strong. I did reset the rope in the "actual" crotch before I bailed out of the tree, just to be safe.
Hope to be doing some cutting tomorrow after I get out of work, we'll see. I'll try to get pics if I do.
Have a great weekend everyone!
Work safe. :msp_thumbsup:

Randy cool stuff, be safe my friend, and you have a good weekend too!

Thanks Norm,
didn't do much of anything yesterday 'cause of the weather, cold and damp(raw). stayed inside and relaxed for the afternoon. The only thing I got done was "milk", cut, and re-tape the sheath on my 5/8" rigging rope. :D
Be safe yourself. :msp_thumbsup:

Latest posts

Back