They are in!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Butch(OH)

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
For those of you who have been anxiously awaiting for Harbor Freight to come out with it's chainsaw line I see in the new catalog that they list the first of the new breed. The Bumble Bee, a 45CC powerhouse at $149.99.

Cant tell from the pic who's design the Chinese stole and cloned.

For those of you who have been anxiously awaiting for Harbor Freight to come out with it's chainsaw line I see in the new catalog that they list the first of the new breed. The Bumble Bee, a 45CC powerhouse at $149.99.

Cant tell from the pic who's design the Chinese stole and cloned.

It is a clone of the RedMax GS455AVS... and it goes by many different names, BlueMax, PowerKing, BumbleBee... Just to name a few. You can buy them for as low as 79.00 online with a 18" .325 .058 bar and chain. Remember most of the time you get what you pay for. If you need parts for this POS most of the service parts that fit the RedMax GS455 will work ie. air filter, clutch, ect. After reading all this if you still want to toss some of your hard earned money away on one go to www.homier.com they sell them for 79 dollers US, We tried a few in our business to see what they would hold up like and they were as good as we thought they would be:taped: if you know what I mean...Good luck:buttkick:

It is a clone of the RedMax GS455AVS... and it goes by many different names, BlueMax, PowerKing, BumbleBee... Just to name a few. You can buy them for as low as 79.00 online with a 18" .325 .058 bar and chain. Remember most of the time you get what you pay for. If you need parts for this POS most of the service parts that fit the RedMax GS455 will work ie. air filter, clutch, ect. After reading all this if you still want to toss some of your hard earned money away on one go to www.homier.com they sell them for 79 dollers US, We tried a few in our business to see what they would hold up like and they were as good as we thought they would be:taped: if you know what I mean...Good luck:buttkick:

LOL, I have no intention of buying the POS. Cant belive I missed them being posted earlier? Must be that elderly thing?

EdRitchey product report?

If you don't mind taking the time I would appreciate it if you would give a brief summary of the saw, if there was anything that you liked about it, and of course what it was that you didn't like. Would this be a saw for the average homeowner to use a couple of times a year. I'm sure that it is not something that a pro would use, but just an idea of the pro's and con's of the saw. Thanks.

If you don't mind taking the time I would appreciate it if you would give a brief summary of the saw, if there was anything that you liked about it, and of course what it was that you didn't like. Would this be a saw for the average homeowner to use a couple of times a year. I'm sure that it is not something that a pro would use, but just an idea of the pro's and con's of the saw. Thanks.

We originally bought 4 to try in our line department... right away we sent one back because the handle bar was deformed so that a normal hand would not fit between it and the chain brake without making the chain brake push forward...(no room)... The others we used on a daily basis they did not have the power you would expect from a 45cc saw so we changed them to a 16"
.325 0.050 chain and bar from the 18" .325 0.058 that they come with standard, we also opened up the mufflers on them after which they ran and cut good. Since then one of the saws started leaking oil from the front of the case at the main gasket. After a dozen or so tanks of mix run thru them they seemed to gain some power as you would expect. They do have a nice air cleaner for a cheap saw, they also use a popular rim sprocket. If you were not going to use it every day it probably would be better than a poulan or homelite because they do have a metal crank case.

Thanks

Thanks EdRitchey for taking the time to give us an insite on these saws. It would seem for the casual user these might be a pretty good deal at 80 bucks. Best to ya ed. JR

As said,its a $150, Made in China saw.Take your chances.When it breaks down,fix it yourself or throw it away.Harbor Freight has many decent everyday items.Almost everything they sell is Made in China.

I would no more expect a quality saw from them than I would take my dog to a snake healer,though.

Lifes too short.Buy quality when you can.It'll last and you won't have to worry if it was worth the cost.Cheap,cloned products are only good for the short term.

lonewolf57

I am waiting to see the Chinese knock-off 070's show up with a large retailer. They have been around for a couple years but I have not seen a retailer stock them. The Chinese 070/090 parts are around but I have not seen anyone carry the saw yet.

Bill

070? They may be a long time coming - need to pass current EPA to sell in the USA.. Of course, that assumes the importer actually knows that!

Latest posts

Back