Think I contracted that CAD thing.... now it hurts when I.....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

catman963

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
OK, so, is it NORMAL.... to dream about chainsaws and cutting wood, and burying your bar with chips a'flyin!!??? :help:

My 385XP is only 3 weeks old..... and the Makita only a couple months... and yet I am already looking at ANOTHER saw!! Got my eye on a Husky 359, that was sitting on the shelf next to my 385 when I bought 'er.... Gosh I'd would hate to separate the "orange buddies", ya know!? :laugh:

I have been looking and searching and reading on this awesome site :bowdown: and its just SO hard to choose!! I have been looking at Stihl.... Husky... Dolmar... John Deere/Efco..... but I just keep coming back to the Husky.

I am looking for a good "in-between" saw, between my 385XP, and my 'lil Makita. (And YES, the HARDEST part has already taken care of - I have already convinced the wife that I really DO NEED another, middle-size, saw) :clap:

I would be looking a little more at a NE 346XP, but the silver clutch side cover really turns me off.... So really, what I'm saying is.... Is there any reason NOT to get a Husky 359?? Anything else I should take into consideration??

if you want a 359 go for it..its a well built saw for the money. it takes to modding good also.

GET IT!
I have a Jred 2159, the 359's twin sister. I have an 18" bar on it and it rocks.:rock: It will definitely fill the void in a big way.

With that said, is there any difference between the 359 that TSC sells and the one at the Husky Pro shop??.................454

I love my 359! It cuts like crazy. I have a 036 / 038 Mag / Dolmar 7900 but I keep reaching for the 359.

When I started on this board about three years ago there was fascination, dare I say even, love for the 359...... Then, enter the MS 361...... It seems as though the 359 has had some good rep lately.

I cut all day Sunday with it and loved every minute!

To be fair, if you can get a 357 for 100 $ more, then get it. It has similar, if not the same weight and no cat muffler to dump in the trash....

JD in (Chester county!) PA

A 357XP would be a good little buddy for your 385XP!:clap:

I definitely looked at the 357XP, but it is just getting out of my price range.... I can only convince the wife of SO MUCH!! lol

To be fair, if you can get a 357 for 100 $ more, then get it. It has similar, if not the same weight and no cat muffler to dump in the trash....

JD in (Chester county!) PA

Yea.. the 357 XP is more like $200+ more, than what I can get the 359 for...

Chester County eh?? Well how about that - that can't be too far away from me!?

Well the CAD is real..... I now have 3 chainsaws! :clap: A new 359 is here! :cheers: now....just have to work up an order from Bailey's now, for that non-CAT muffler!!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back