Thinking about buying a 540xp

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you are not putting high demand on that Echo 355T and not worrying about production, then that is the best HO saw ever!
Jeff :)

Yeah i figured as much. I have a 360T and it is a rather crappy saw. I cannot imagine the 355T to be so much better. In all honesty i reckon my 338XPT will outcut the 355T. Price difference between the 355T and the T540 is not a lot either. A climb saw is a tool that is the most important part of a climbers gear (apart from a brain!) so why fuss over approx $125?

Any top handle i own will be having a high workload and must deliver a high production quota, so maybe i will stop with the 355T talk.

I'm the only guy who uses a cs271t???<br/>
I also have this saw, for as small a cc and size it's pretty fun to use. Just have to be patient with it and use you skill at cutting

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk

Nope got 2 if you've got an older model throw it away now and get the updated one a 2013 model are night n day difference from the older ones echo claims 27% more hp. It definitely has its place

I'm not buying a new top handle Stihl till the 202t comes out, well except for the ms150 but that's another story

The 201 is a pile of ****, even with mods

Add me to the T540 list... Scored a new in box 2013 a few weeks ago and have used it on two take downs so far. It fired right up out of the box with no issues. three tanks thru it so far and it gets stronger with every cut. Way better than the temperamental 335xpt I was using for the rare climbing jobs, but now I'm climbing more and more.

Picked up a new 540 on Friday. Even on the first tank of fuel it spanks the hell out of my 201 T that I have been using for the last couple of years. No comparison. Well worth it.

To go with a (mostly) new set of gear, a new saw
First day, deadwooding stringymess gum, ms150t is the business, weighs nothing, cuts like a demon though not entirely stock (thanks Brad)

150t
192t
200t

Job done
2cb3864b057b3d2c8acd2b50f84961b0.jpg

I won my 540T at a tree climbing comp, goes good & no issues so far. The husky guys said running them hard is the best break in procedure. I agree 5min + and ya have to use the choke again...To be honest, it seems about the same as the 201 in wood...

540 for takedowns, its kept warm with all the cutting so there is no lag or warm ups.
150 for pruning, 15min + and it starts on the first pull

Bought this one not that long ago, had the ddrt version before that for 3 years, very comfy harnesses, srt version is my favourite of the two

Back