Thinking I found a deal...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's a better solution. Put the 390 up for sale. If/when it sells, buy the 460. The wifey might not be so judgmental if she see's your able to get the $350 from your current saw.

And yes, I'll echo others comments, the adage works well in business...not so much for the home life.

I'm hearing you guys for sure about the teamwork concept. Actually, we do great on that aspect; we'll be married 33 years come December. I keep a discretionary "toy" fund going, and I'm free to sell/trade/whatever with the toys and that fund. The apparent moral dilemma occurs when the fund is not up to snuff and I find a "deal" that looks too good to pass up. Then comes the temptation to waylay budgeted funds for the new toy.

Frankly, I think I got caught up in trying to squeeze a deal out of this situation, when what I really want to do is sell/trade some items to get into a new MS 460. So I believe I'll just back off of this used one and be patient to get what I really want in the long run.

I didn't expect to hear such cautious words against buying this particular saw at his particular time from you CAD junkies, but your wisdom shines through here. Thanks much.

I'm hearing you guys for sure about the teamwork concept. Actually, we do great on that aspect; we'll be married 33 years come December. I keep a discretionary "toy" fund going, and I'm free to sell/trade/whatever with the toys and that fund. The apparent moral dilemma occurs when the fund is not up to snuff and I find a "deal" that looks too good to pass up. Then comes the temptation to waylay budgeted funds for the new toy.

Frankly, I think I got caught up in trying to squeeze a deal out of this situation, when what I really want to do is sell/trade some items to get into a new MS 460. So I believe I'll just back off of this used one and be patient to get what I really want in the long run.

I didn't expect to hear such cautious words against buying this particular saw at his particular time from you CAD junkies, but your wisdom shines through here. Thanks much.

Honestly, this isn't much of a deal. I sell rebuilt 046/460's for ~$425-450. 660's for ~$500-550. 044's for ~$375-425.

You can find better deals out there.

Latest posts

Back