• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Thinning out some saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr.Moose

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Ok guys. Ive got a handful of saws that i would like to thin out.
Keep checking back as there will be more listed throughout the day as i take pics and comp readings.
I just bought a new service truck for work and have been spending a bunch on accessories for it, also been unloading a bunch on my chompers (no insurance) and i got a few other things that need some repair (gotta do a motor job in one of my buggys) and id rather not dip into my bank accounts. So im doing the responsible thing and unloading some saws i dont really use or have multiple backups already.
Ill mention everything i see/know about each saw. Im not into hiding anything and have the mindset of it is what it is and thats that. I certainly dont like buying something that didnt have certain things disclosed, and i certainly dont want to do it to anyone.
If you need more pics or details, just ask!
As far as shipping, ive had bad dealings shipping outside the US in the past, so all sales are to the cont US only Sorry for anyone who lives outside
As far as shipping, DONT ask me for a quote! Im not running over to the post office for a bunch of quotes. I will ship it however you want it through the post office (ups is too far away)
Whatever the shipping is will be what you will reinburst me. If 5-10 bucks more than you thought it would be is gonna make you complain, move on and bug someone else!
I live in Barre mass, zip 01005, so you can figure yourself a rough estimate.
As far as payment, i prefer paypal sent as gift. If you feel the need to do it as goods/sales, your gonna have to tack on the 3%
Local pickup with cash is no problem
For the skeptical, i can put it up on my ebay account (100% positive over 500 feedback) but its gonna be for more to cover fees.

Great another 460, I've been looking for one for a while find a nice ported 461, pay a little more then I would like to, and bam you a Randy put up a couple of nice ones, the story of my life.

No problem. Let us know what you come up with. :)

Heres the 288 i was thinking of unloading.
Its a bit of a mutt. Started out life as a 288xp, now has a 288lite recoil and either a 281 or 181 jug n slug. Ill have to take off the muff to determine if its a thin ring 181 or a 281, cant remember.
I put this together some time ago with a new used oem crank that was mint, a new set of mains and seals, gaskets.
Has a paper base gasket and is blowing over 200psi....borderline needing to run race fuel, or put an oem gasket back in it. I dont know exactly how much it makes with the oem gasket as i never tried it, but i bet its still atleast 175-180
When i assembled this, i ran several heat cycles with it, tuned it a bit, then drained it and stuffed it in the closet as a backup.
I cant sell it to anyone until i take it out in the woods and put it through the paces to ensure im not shipping someone a bomb.
That being said, i will update this either monday or tuesday after i give it a good workout in the woods.
BAED0F79-3444-4D1C-B40F-51EF52BEEFEF-2498-00000246ACE0A6B7_zps2aa0bba5.jpg

36AB1E18-C668-47B8-A4C2-F79843A799C9-2498-0000024701E28C7C_zpsa1c08f32.jpg
OK thanks.

Do you have any 066 parts? I'm looking for tank, carb, top handle and bolts for starting cover.

Hey toad, is your 066 the early flat top cover, or the newer round top like the 660?
I have a col tanks somewhere, ill have to dig them out.

Back