This 066 Grenaded........What The Hell Happened???????

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like small carb screws played hammer time on top for a while.

My 064/66 aftermarket piston with popup gave up the ghost sunday, part of the piston top came off. It really kicked for 5 years, so now Im in the same boat

Looks like a rock got thru the air filter

It sure does don't it?

Bad bearings?

That doesn't insure they will stay that way though.

Looks like a bearing came appart or a ring locating pin fell out

What killed the bearing though? Compression? Raw power? I've built dozens of 066 exactly like this......no failures.

why is the top ring a rainbow color ,and no sign of oil on the piston or inside the muffler ?

You are on to something Brian......

Exhaust side damage, picture of hollow muffler as a clue? Something from the muffler got in and krunked it up? I can't see anything else missing or broken. (Believe it or not, that's a serious guess)

where's the spark arrester or what ever you call ito_O .

Still in the muffler where it's suppose to be.

Exhaust side damage, picture of hollow muffler as a clue? Something from the muffler got in and krunked it up? I can't see anything else missing or broken. (Believe it or not, that's a serious guess)

That muffler shell is awfully dry ain't it? Where is the oil?

amsoil 100 to 1 :popcorn:

i run 32 to 1 like you had me do ,when i tune by ear in the cut ,i adjust rich till it burbles then cleans out in the cut ,every time i inspect my piston ,it is slick in oil ,and oil in the muffler some ,i see no oil here like in my saws ,too lean on oil will kill the bearings in i hi-po saw

amsoil 100 to 1 :popcorn:

i run 32 to 1 like you had me do ,when i tune by ear in the cut ,i adjust rich till it burbles then cleans out in the cut ,every time i inspect my piston ,it is slick in oil ,and oil in the muffler some ,i see no oil here like in my saws ,too lean on oil will kill the bearings in i hi-po saw

Amsoil Saber @ 80:1

Didn't that long to kill it either.

How many tanks of fuel Troy?????

the only thing that I see or question is that the muffler is not dual port or and extra port added and if you ported it I would think there should be an extra exhuast port so me thinks that you didn't send it out with a regular cover like it has on it now? Possibly when owner changed the cover or something a bolt of washer was left in the muffler shell and found its way into the cylinder.

Its a stretch but all I can think of?

Latest posts

Back