This 066 Grenaded........What The Hell Happened???????

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I didn't think it went that long. It was still pretty clean. You must run a good sharp chain Troy.

I'll supply a good crank, or a different bottom end, and the labor. You pay for the piston and gaskets. How's that sound?

I'm serious about having happy customers.

I do try to keep sharp chains but I also blow saws off regularly.

That's more than fair Randy. And I will send you another saw for porting when I get the 2 back.

muffler bolt loosened and fell out. got in the cylinder. just had it happen on my 066, got it back from my brother inlaw that did some work on it when i brought it in the house i heard a rattle, took the muff off and sure enough, im glad i caught it before i ran it.

Muffler bolt got loose

muffler bolt loosened and fell out. got in the cylinder. just had it happen on my 066, got it back from my brother inlaw that did some work on it when i brought it in the house i heard a rattle, took the muff off and sure enough, im glad i caught it before i ran it.

I've never had one of those Stihl bolts come loose. I love the locking teeth on the back of em.....sure wish Huskys had em.

So Randy are you going to use a new OEM crank or is there an aftermarket brand that you are comfortable enough to use?
Im just curious to hopefully save me troubles on future rebuilds. Thanks.

any problems with the h1r seperating from the fuel in cold weather ? i had dirt bike oils in the past that would ,i think it was 927 maxima
You are correct on the 927 separating in the cold. I ran it in my 01 banshee and had to make sure I shook the can to mix it every time I poured it.

I been running saber 40:1 in my stuff and have had great success. I think its fine oil if you use enough of it....
Same here, have been using it for many years in all my stuff with 0 issues. Not saying its the best out there, but at normal mix rates it works very well. Never drank the 100/1 kool aid. Ran their race oil in my heavily modded sled for 6 years and p/c still looked as new.

Randy do you recommend 32:1 on stock saw ?

I asked this on page 3.
Just curious Randy, do you recommend 32:1 for stock saws too? Or better phrased, do you recommend 32:1 in saws that call for 50:1?

Randy's response:
I run Belray H1R at 32:1 in every two stroke engine I own. The 50:1 bull **** is EPA crap.

Latest posts

Back