This dude uses an 880 in the tree

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It depends on where you are working.. I do Removals quite often where I have to snap cut and throw the blocks out of the way to miss something on the ground ie..fence or rose bush etc..

On small blocks you can cut through with the 020 while holding the block, then throw it with both hands. On big blocks, they stay put.

I hate climbing with an 88 but on some jobs fast cuts trump weight saving, getting the damn thing started is a mare in the tree. I have climbed with an 090 a few times, Im only in my 30's and dont think I could do that again!

With regards to 'Snap Cuts', I personally feel that they are a vital resource to an arborist. Yes, they aren't always needed or required, but when you are in a certain location or situation that you need a little more control and don't have enough room to rig them down.....snap cuts work great! I totally agree that they work great if you need to throw piece away from an obstacle. Yes, the arborist can cut small and large blocks straight through and then throw them, but the level of 'safe' control is diminished. Snap cuts allow you the time to holster your saw and then worry about throwing the wood.

My bet is that this arborist and crew were simply hired to get this beech to the ground.....no clean-up. This would explain the large chunks and small snaps.

Latest posts

Back