This is how some people feel about ported saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sounds like a russian mail-a-bride that tried to contact me by email.. I could tell it was automated, so I made all sorts of stuff up that would make me very dislikable, I went with it.. no, I never paid for a plane ticket :p

There's some people that it's just funner to play along with than get pizzed about... Sometimes cheap entertainment is fun :)

I can't and don't want to be bothered with people behaving like that!

Why does he keep communicating if he clearly outed his opinion regarding price and condition of the saw?
Why did he respond to the ad in the first place if he feels the saw is too highly priced.

I wouldn't want such an individual come near my house , lest allow him to run any of my equipment! :buttkick:

I have Been getting awesome emails from a guy that wanted a saw of mine ms 441 ported buy miller this all the emails i have got

buyer: no thanks. thats just way overpriced mayby in a few months you will realize this if you want to sell let me know.

Me: Haha you keep dreaming buddy cost me 300 to just get it ported let alone stock. You go get one from a dealer and let me no how that goes.

Buyer: liar. changing the muffler costs 50 you can take that ****** muffler off as its hard on the unit and stock is best do you really think people are so stupid that they would believe a lie like that? you are one dumb usless stupid **** head. now **** off and lie to someone else

me:glad to put the stock muffler on but, the saws still going to be ported because porting in all done on the piston and cylinder . carry on next time don't **** with a logger .He might cut trees for a living and know what he is talk about. (fyi google woods ported chainsaw you might learn something ).

buyer: i wont buy this shitbox that has been ****ed up by stupid yew i have three of these saws already
they run and cut as the engineers said so not some dumb usless ****head no one wants a ****ed up saw that blows up shortly you retarded ****
i wont buy anything that isnt stock cause i want it to work like the engineers designed it to not like some retard reject from society thats you
NOW ****
PUT IN THE ADD ****ED UP THE SAW
****ED WITH THE PISTON NOW ITS ****ED

Me: did not respond

buyer : YOU ARE SO SMART. why even botherm getting an engineer in antyhing.
buy that car that stupid designed and get scmushed

buyer:
i want to come by and try out the saw. to be clear i will blow it up. u need to learn not to **** with it
images (24).jpg

Perception is reality. You obviously have different views of customer modifications than the other guy. Best to just leave it at that and move on. Here's what he's thinking when he hears "ported saw."

http://images3.popcrunch.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/spoiler.jpg
spoiler.jpg

Here's what you're thinking.

Nascar-Car-Logos.jpg

His basic viewpoint is reasonable. His behavior is inexcusable.
I disagree. The viewpoint is only reasonable if you think that every engineer from every company has the latitude to do his best work. There are more than a couple of engineers in my immediate and extended family. Latitude is a commodity in short supply. In my personal line of work, (self employed) I can engineer the moon, but then I have to sell it. 30 years of doing stuff and salesmanship is still a PITA. Especially when the regular old stuff is easy to sell, and cheaper.

Just about every GD machine I own is at least not quite "stock", yet better.

Back