This is how some people feel about ported saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Think I'm going to make some deer chili. My 372xp west coast model should be in this week. It's getting ported too.

Perception is reality. You obviously have different views of customer modifications than the other guy. Best to just leave it at that and move on. Here's what he's thinking when he hears "ported saw."

http://images3.popcrunch.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/spoiler.jpg
spoiler.jpg

Here's what you're thinking.

Nascar-Car-Logos.jpg

I know you posted this awhile ago, but this has to be one of the funniest things I have ever seen. What's even funnier, is I have known people that would actually do that.

I have seen your ad on Kijiji I believe and I am not at all surprised at all by the emails you are getting. When I wanted to sell my mintish MS 200T I was asked time and time again if it was stock, was it played with? Most people in my part of the woods do not want a ported saw, most do not understand what it means to have a ported saw. None of the tree companies I service are interested either, it seems like it is a niche market around here. It is a tough sell.
Why would a company trying/making a living cutting with a saw/saws not consider at least a blue printed /woods ported saw to increase their output& ease of use, any massed produced products are built/assembled between tolerance A/B you might get a "good un"with the closest tolerance or one that just scrapes in tolerance wise, & will perform better if rebuilt to the closest tolerances, & regarding the guy of the emails I'd leave him with his misguided opinion & NO WAY would I let him use a ported saw of mine. I had a guy that mouthed off re a a race motorbike I had that won a series champion ship & when I putit up for sale & he contacted me re purchase, I told him a vastly high price & when he told me i was living in cookoo land price wise I replied I'd rather scrap it than sell it to him, & that he was such a crap rider he wouldn't do the bike justice.

Many many loggers here in Oregon run ported saws. There aren't really companies who supply their work force with ported saws as it isn't cost effective....or really any saws for that matter when it comes to logging.
There are at least a dozen pro shops that I know of within 100 miles from my location who do port work. I've noticed some of the shops who will not do it and advise against it are just trying to cover up the fact that they have no idea how to do it successfully.

Latest posts

Back