This is your seller on drugs...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
misread

I got ahead of myself when I was reading the disciption and thought he was going to say , this saw is for someone that does alot of ''bragging''.:D

I looked at the pic, remarked to myself at how nice that McC 605/610 looks...or it may be a timberdoodle, too.

Was that Timberdog? Timberslug? No matter. It's still in OK shape for a saw dating back 15 years. Then, I looked at Mike Acres site...supposedly McC was still fire-saling one version or another of these saws until 1999. I seem to remember the Timberbear retailing out at a little under $300 in a local farm chain store 10 years ago or so.

So, in the end we have a <i>Buy it Now</i> only about $90 more than the guy probably paid, and only about $374 more than the saw is worth.

maybe the guy lost his job and is trying to make a little scratch on the side while he gets back on his feet. He'll maybe figure it out soon enough.

I'd bid but that "massive 36cc" motor sounds way too scary and probably overkill for my woods...

EAST COAST

Come On Man

Do not put that guy with that out standing Mac. saw on the East Coast-----NO WAY---West Coast YES :mad:

hey, you fill that mac up with turbo blue and nitromethanol and it will outcut ANY saw you have. i run a 36'' canon bar with .404 square chisel on mine, with the rakers set at .060''. the problem comes when you try and start up the "monster". i have a 50' starter rope that i wrap around the rear wheel on the truck. one guy holds the saw, while the other hits the gas on the truck, thus spinning the truck wheel at the high velocity needed to get the ''beast'' fired up. it is quite an ordeal, and the seller should be warning any potential buyer of this problem. whew, NOW i'm thirsty..........................................................................................

Dennis, "the east coast"????!!! more like a dessert!!! that might be a "monstrous" saw for cutting sage brush but thats about it!!!:p

Chemical hazards

I was doing a little sapling and brush clearing the other day. Then I got out the Round-up sprayer, then took a break, and during the break I got a little Round-up on my do jigger. Do you think there will be any permanent consequences.

If the current seller bought that thing new for $375, I have a few thing I would like to sell him.

"Perfect for someone who does a lot of logging" LMAO!!

actually it's a good little saw. i have a couple, and i use them as pony motors to start up my real saws, when the ole arthuritis is kreakin.

HUMM, anybody know this tidarby by chance??? Pay that much for this, why I bet I could make an easy thousand or so off of my saws:) Boy that saw was the biggest and exspensivest saw I've seen yet:rolleyes: Wish I had one just like it...

Or maybe not???

Greg

I emailed them the thread with the disclaimer of "hope you can take a joke". They emailed back and said yes, and that someone already bought the saw! Ya never know. I gotta hire me one of them wordy folks to advertise for me. Just cant have any pictures, I have a face for radio.

Big Bad Mac

John
I though you were jokeing---it was sold for the high dollar---SALEMAN OF THE YEAR----Got to give him credit for that sale:)

I guess that goes to show that one really is born every minute.

What I think is funny is that the buyer is hardly new to eBay. You think he didn't get all those feedbacks searching for the best bargains?

Despite his "36cc" claim I think that is a Timberbear and is more in the 60-65cc class. I personally refused to soil my hands with one but I knew of one pro arborist 8-10 years ago who ran them all the time- he never had any work done on them just ran one until it needed something more than a new chain and sprocket then junked it and got another.(They were available in our area for just over $200. Pro arborist might be stretching things though. He was really a professional alcoholic who occassionally showed up to cut a customer's tree.:rolleyes:
The average homeowner seems to think solely in terms of bar length. A 22" bar is big stuff! Have you noticed how powerplant sizes that came with a "standard bar of 16" or 18" 15 years ago are now all tricked out with 20" bars at Sears and Home/Hardware stores? The manufacturers figured out marketing for that mentality. Joe Schmoe is likely to think that his 46cc Craftsman with the 20" bar is more saw than an 044 with a 16" bar.:p

Latest posts

Back