Thoughts and prayers for Tree sling'r (Jasha) who is in surgery.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
great to see your in good spirits jasha,
hope you see a full recovery so you can someday get back to what you do best...
is there any way you can tell us in your words what actually happened and how ??

keep yer chin up ..

After my hip replacement, the nurse that pulled my catheter thought she was trying to start a vapor locked 880:angry:

Yep. After inflating the cuff, they are suppose to push it in to assure that it's in all the way, then they are supposed to tug on it to be sure that it is seated in the right location. I've had it done several times, and I know when it is done right, and when they are literally yanking my chain.

They DON"T have to yank on it; they are doing that just for the fun of it. She gave you a big smile after she did it, didn't she? It is a bit sadistic to give a fellow a yank that way just 'cause you can.

Good morning so far. After 8 days I was finally able to go no. 2, I know its gross, but it is a big accomplishment. The doctor added some really positive numbers and percentages as far as my muscle and future grip strength go. As of now, we are waiting for the muscle to heal more before they do another clean up and attach it to the bone, then do a skin graft. The downside is that I have another week in here and may not get to go home. Although I will eventually leave here, okay be going to another hospital closer to home. Thank you everyone, your kind thoughts and words are beyond explanation.

Did it make your ears pop?
No but several other things did:bang:
Yep. After inflating the cuff, they are suppose to push it in to assure that it's in all the way, then they are supposed to tug on it to be sure that it is seated in the right location. I've had it done several times, and I know when it is done right, and when they are literally yanking my chain.

They DON"T have to yank on it; they are doing that just for the fun of it. She gave you a big smile after she did it, didn't she? It is a bit sadistic to give a fellow a yank that way just 'cause you can.

No smile,grin just sadistic cackel. :msp_angry: I asked her what the hell she was thinking as I may need that someday.

Good morning so far. After 8 days I was finally able to go no. 2, I know its gross, but it is a big accomplishment. The doctor added some really positive numbers and percentages as far as my muscle and future grip strength go. As of now, we are waiting for the muscle to heal more before they do another clean up and attach it to the bone, then do a skin graft. The downside is that I have another week in here and may not get to go home. Although I will eventually leave here, okay be going to another hospital closer to home. Thank you everyone, your kind thoughts and words are beyond explanation.

I was wondering why you posted a picture of you grinning from ear to ear! :laugh:

Great news! One day at a time man, one day at a time.

I'll share a hospital story along the same lines..
My appendix had ruptured on a camping trip, close to death, yada yada. Emergency surgery had me in rough shape, a chunk of my intestine had to be removed. I was on morphine, and an epidural in my spine, almost numb from the waist down. Almost a week into recovery the docs were telling me to get out of bed and walk to get my circulation back into gear. So here I am, stumbling down the hallways wasted on morphine and still numb from the epidural. I get by the waiting room where several families were sitting and a big childs playroom with a bunch of kids playing behind a big window. All I remember is hearing this rather loud stomach gurgle followed by the sound of a hose being turned on. The look on the kids face through the window was priceless. He had been victimized by the nastiest week old liquid blood clot #2 ever... I was mad because they made me walk virtually paralized and I crapped myself in front of a dozen strangers. Hopefully my story will put a smile on your face.:redface:

My appendix had ruptured on a camping trip, close to death, yada yada. Emergency surgery had me in rough shape, a chunk of my intestine had to be removed. I was on morphine, and an epidural in my spine, almost numb from the waist down. Almost a week into recovery the docs were telling me to get out of bed and walk to get my circulation back into gear. So here I am, stumbling down the hallways wasted on morphine and still numb from the epidural. I get by the waiting room where several families were sitting and a big childs playroom with a bunch of kids playing behind a big window. All I remember is hearing this rather loud stomach gurgle followed by the sound of a hose being turned on. The look on the kids face through the window was priceless. He had been victimized by the nastiest week old liquid blood clot #2 ever... I was mad because they made me walk virtually paralized and I crapped myself in front of a dozen strangers. Hopefully my story will put a smile on your face.:redface:

Love it!!! Thanks buddy!!!

... So here I am, stumbling down the hallways wasted on morphine and still numb from the epidural. ...All I remember is hearing this rather loud stomach gurgle followed by the sound of a hose being turned on. ... walk virtually paralized and I crapped myself ...

I have too many of my own unpleasant stories about hospitals. I really liked yours, that is a keeper!

I'll bet your nose was still working fine though, wasn't it?

Thanks, I just spit some of my lunch on my keyboard. :msp_lol:

Thanks, I just spit some of my lunch on my keyboard. :msp_lol:

I damn near s**t myself myself I was laffin' so hard!

Classic story. I'm sure the youngsters themselves think about it from time to time.:clap:

Happy to read that things are moving in positive directions for you, Jasha. Won't bore you with my own lengthy hospital stay story from 40 years ago, but let's just say I'm happy today's technology and medical skills are available to you.

Oops. Showin' my age, huh?:msp_wink:

Last edited:
Back