Thoughts and prayers for Tree sling'r (Jasha) who is in surgery.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll share a hospital story along the same lines..
My appendix had ruptured on a camping trip, close to death, yada yada. Emergency surgery had me in rough shape, a chunk of my intestine had to be removed. I was on morphine, and an epidural in my spine, almost numb from the waist down. Almost a week into recovery the docs were telling me to get out of bed and walk to get my circulation back into gear. So here I am, stumbling down the hallways wasted on morphine and still numb from the epidural. I get by the waiting room where several families were sitting and a big childs playroom with a bunch of kids playing behind a big window. All I remember is hearing this rather loud stomach gurgle followed by the sound of a hose being turned on. The look on the kids face through the window was priceless. He had been victimized by the nastiest week old liquid blood clot #2 ever... I was mad because they made me walk virtually paralized and I crapped myself in front of a dozen strangers. Hopefully my story will put a smile on your face.:redface:

You should have ran with it and started throwing it at the glass. . . Like an Orangutan at the zoo! :laugh:

Hey, you could have blamed it on the meds! :msp_biggrin:

You should have ran with it and started throwing it at the glass. . . Like an Orangutan at the zoo! :laugh:

Hey, you could have blamed it on the meds! :msp_biggrin:
I was so messed up still I just made a slow U-turn, turned red in the face, and staggered back to my room for a hose down. It wasn't funny at the time but pure hilarity now.

Great to hear, Jasha, absolutely great to hear. Even with some substantial muscle loss, the body seems to be able to make up for it in different ways. I've heard that from a few people I've known who lost muscle tissue. Hoping your docs are right, and hoping your uphill journey ends well. :)

That was an 880 you were slinging in that vid? I can still pick 250 pound stumps up and toss them into my pickup, but I can't move around an 880 as effortlessly as that. :bowdown:

Don't Huff That Glue...

I hope that Jasha is in a different part of the hospital. Being in the hospital is bad enough but being evacuated would be blowsville. On the other hand, maybe a change in scenery would be welcomed.

Patients in part of Loma Linda Medical Center were evacuated and moved to another area of the hospital after a small amount of adhesive roofing material got into the fresh air intake.

A hospital spokesman said a construction crew had been spraying the material on the building.

It was unclear how many people were affected by the incident. No injuries have been reported.

Loma Linda Medical Center partially evacuated | abc7.com

Kinda reminds me of the first time I got food poisoning. Freshman year of college and I went out to Chinese food with friends for dinner. Somehow I got the bad piece of meat. Anyhow, next day I'm at the computer lab in the library, and know that I'm going to blow chunks. I s/d the computer, dash to turn in the boot disk to the girl running the lab and ask where the bathroom is. She says downstairs, wrong answer (there was one around the corner which I didn't know at the time) I knew I couldn't make it, so bend my head down, puke all over the floor, look up at the girl then leave.

2nd time I got food poisoning was returning on a business trip from Singapore. Nothing really funny about that episode, but the flight from Hong Kong to San Francisco is 13 hours, I spent 9 of those hours in an airplane crapper purging from both ends. Then I got to go through customs sick as a dog, and the instead of a non stop flight back to Anchorage I got to stop in both Portland and Seattle.

On the upside, as much as I hate dealing with airports and TSA, I know I can't possibly ever have a worse airline experience.

God Bless

Praying for and with You, your family and your medical team.
May God bless you with a speedy and complete recovery.

Safe cutting all Jim

Kinda reminds me of the first time I got food poisoning. Freshman year of college and I went out to Chinese food with friends for dinner. Somehow I got the bad piece of meat. Anyhow, next day I'm at the computer lab in the library, and know that I'm going to blow chunks. I s/d the computer, dash to turn in the boot disk to the girl running the lab and ask where the bathroom is. She says downstairs, wrong answer (there was one around the corner which I didn't know at the time) I knew I couldn't make it, so bend my head down, puke all over the floor, look up at the girl then leave.

2nd time I got food poisoning was returning on a business trip from Singapore. Nothing really funny about that episode, but the flight from Hong Kong to San Francisco is 13 hours, I spent 9 of those hours in an airplane crapper purging from both ends. Then I got to go through customs sick as a dog, and the instead of a non stop flight back to Anchorage I got to stop in both Portland and Seattle.

On the upside, as much as I hate dealing with airports and TSA, I know I can't possibly ever have a worse airline experience.

I used to drive cab. Wanna know the best way to get a cabbie to exceed the speed limit to keep the fare down? Tell him you're going to be sick in his cab. Not a single cabbie wants to take the chance he's gonna have to clean that #### up! :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

I used to drive cab. Wanna know the best way to get a cabbie to exceed the speed limit to keep the fare down? Tell him you're going to be sick in his cab. Not a single cabbie wants to take the chance he's gonna have to clean that #### up! :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

I'll keep that in mind haha lol

yuck, burnt timber, gives you the sambo effect.

111259d1254970639-sambo66-jpg

111260d1254970675-sambo33-jpg

111261d1254970691-sambo68-jpg

111262d1254970702-sambo71-jpg

... Nothing really funny about that episode, but the flight from Hong Kong to San Francisco is 13 hours, I spent 9 of those hours in an airplane crapper purging from both ends. ...

Been there (almost)...I spent 9 hours in a similar condition at a convenience store waiting for a Greyhound bus from Casper Wyoming to Kansas City. My truck was broke down, and I was stranded. I think the convenience store clerk was more unhappy about my arrival in town than I was.

Two times I've been sick like that, and both times I couldn't get home. It's no fun being sick away from home.

I've been praying for you Jasha since I stumbled on to your incident . If life wasn't filled with problems it wouldn't be called a test. Its those times of adversity that we seek after God. And seeing some of those monsters you've cut down I remember praying they'd go the right way and they did if I did my part and He made up the difference. It sounds like dynamite went off when those big ones hit the ground, doesn't it? God bless you and your beautiful family.

I've been praying for you Jasha since I stumbled on to your incident . If life wasn't filled with problems it wouldn't be called a test. Its those times of adversity that we seek after God. And seeing some of those monsters you've cut down I remember praying they'd go the right way and they did if I did my part and He made up the difference. It sounds like dynamite went off when those big ones hit the ground, doesn't it? God bless you and your beautiful family.

Thanks my friend.

Good morning so far. After 8 days I was finally able to go no. 2, I know its gross, but it is a big accomplishment. The doctor added some really positive numbers and percentages as far as my muscle and future grip strength go. As of now, we are waiting for the muscle to heal more before they do another clean up and attach it to the bone, then do a skin graft. The downside is that I have another week in here and may not get to go home. Although I will eventually leave here, okay be going to another hospital closer to home. Thank you everyone, your kind thoughts and words are beyond explanation.

Quoting this to bring it forward. This is fantastic news! Very exciting news.

Evening Jasha.

Hope your Giants win, it'd be good endorfins for you. Besides, my bad kitties are waiting to blow out both sides of the Bay, haha!

Latest posts

Back