Thoughts and prayers for Tree sling'r (Jasha) who is in surgery.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It always seems too far off to comprehend when you're laying in a hospital bed. Always going through your head wondering if things are going to be the same, what kind of adaptations you are going to have to make. Similar feeling when your wife finds out she's pregnant for the first time. How is going to be in a year, five years... It always happens, just not quite how you think. You'll be back to the shop, coffee, wife, kids, and dogs. It's always a little different than how you imagine, but hey, you're waking up every morning so life is good! Painkillers treating you well still or are you getting sick of them??

So true bud. Unfortunately I am still needing the pain killers. Suppossed to have another surgery tomorrow, so am sure I will be on them for awhile longer.

jasha,
things are really looking up for you !!!!

yer gaints won !!!

hopefully your dogs team will win tonight........... go steelers !!! (i know, they are really sucking this year)

Packers and Rodgers got their groove back. All you other wimps are going down! :angry2:

Love it. Can't help it. I was born in LaCrosse, Wis., in the Lombardi era. I really DO bleed green and gold. Been trying to get Amsoil (a Wisconsin company) to change the color of their oil to Packers green. Think of the additional marketing opportunities to Packers fans and the Green movement! Alas, no luck so far. ;)

Two years ago the Packers were Giant killers. Last year the Giants were Packers killers. This year? Hmmmm. :D :D

Anyway, Jasha, when you get #### talk from your AS buddies and you give it right back, you know things are going OK. Keep hanging in there. Sleep tight, and best of luck tomorrow. :)

Last edited:
Packers and Rodgers got their groove back. All you other wimps are going down! :angry2:

Love it. Can't help it. I was born in LaCrosse, Wis., in the Lombardi era. I really DO bleed green and gold. Been trying to get Amsoil (a Wisconsin company) to change the color of their oil to Packers green. No luck so far. Two years ago the Packers were Giant killers. Last year the Giants were Packers killers. This year? Hmmmm. :D :D

Anyway, Jasha, when you get #### talk from your AS buddies and you give it right back, you know things are going OK. Keep hanging in there. Sleep tight, and best of luck tomorrow. :)

Actually, I'm a SF Giants fan not a NY football Giants. Oh yeah, I'm a 49er fan too, sorry Cheesehead.

Well, the hardest part about being a Packers fan is telling your dad your gay.:hmm3grin2orange:

Please reference post No. 488. Hah! Actually, I am not gay, but my son is. He's an attorney with the Dept. of Education in Washington. He's a Redskins fan. I'm gonna stop short of telling a gay Redskins joke. :D :D :D

I deleted my post, tasteless on my part.

Oh hell no, not tasteless at all. NO! Political correctness has run amok all over the U.S. My son agrees. I say let 'er buck! Seriously. Not going to go all postal on people for making laughter. Laughter and love are in short enough supply, and we all need to be able to take ourselves lightly and laugh at ourselves.

You are A-OK in my book, Jasha. And my son would give this a big horse laugh as well. He's told the occasional gay joke, and meant it. :rock:

Last edited:
Oh hell no, not tasteless at all. Political correctness has run amok all over the U.S. My son agrees. I say let 'er buck! Seriously. Not going to go all postal on people for making laughter. Laughter and love are in short enough supply, and we all need to be able to take ourselves lightly and laugh at ourselves.

You are A-OK in my book, Jasha. And my son would give this a big horse laugh as well. He's told the occasional gay joke, and meant it. :rock:

I know bud, but I am also receiving an amazing amount of support on here. I don't need to be accidentally offending people, pun intended or not.

I know bud, but I am also receiving an amazing amount of support on here. I don't need to be accidentally offending people, pun intended or not.

My friend, this is YOUR thread. I'm just pleased to be a part of it and offer whatever support I can. Humor rocks. :) :)

I'd like to meet you someday. There might need to be some post-Jasha-hospital NoCal GTG one of these months, and if the pocketbook eases up a little bit, I'd be on it like a duck on a June bug. :D

Signing off for awhile. The smell of pizza is wafting up from the kitchen, and it mingles well with the beer. Back atcha later! :)

My friend, this is YOUR thread. I'm just pleased to be a part of it and offer whatever support I can. Humor rocks. :) :)

I'd like to meet you someday. There might need to be some post-Jasha-hospital NoCal GTG one of these months, and if the pocketbook eases up a little bit, I'd be on it like a duck on a June bug. :D

Signing off for awhile. The smell of pizza is wafting up from the kitchen, and it mingles well with the beer. Back atcha later! :)

You bet buddy!!!

Keep up the great go you're making of it Jasha.

You've brought me out from lurking.

Nothing like your injury, but my story involves getting the trifecta as I put it a week prior to getting married.

The trifecta being first second and third degree burns from elbow down my forearm and the edge of my hand. Really threw the plans out the window, burns unit most days prior to wedding and no honeymoon, just more burns unit.

Worst bits were the debriding and getting married on a stinking hot day, 37 Celsius in the shade and 80% plus humidity in a suit. No aircon.

Burns have healed, didn't need any grafts.

I'm sure you will get there Jasha.....

Keep up the great go you're making of it Jasha.

You've brought me out from lurking.

Nothing like your injury, but my story involves getting the trifecta as I put it a week prior to getting married.

The trifecta being first second and third degree burns from elbow down my forearm and the edge of my hand. Really threw the plans out the window, burns unit most days prior to wedding and no honeymoon, just more burns unit.

Worst bits were the debriding and getting married on a stinking hot day, 37 Celsius in the shade and 80% plus humidity in a suit. No aircon.

Burns have healed, didn't need any grafts.

I'm sure you will get there Jasha.....

Thank you sir, glad things worked out for you.

Jasha,
been following... and glad to see you are on here ( well not too much you can do in the hospital..not too much call for saw runnin or arm wrestling or even beer drinking--no bar in a hospital what up with that?)

hang in there.. I am sure this group of social deviants and all around miscreants can help keep ya entertained.. ( I am sure the tv there sucks.. like at most places)

we are all pulling for ya

[video=youtube;yevEKPrhjOU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yevEKPrhjOU[/video]

Latest posts

Back