Three 2-Man Disstons!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I saw one today on display in Pigeon Forge, TN that had a $350 or $325 price tag hanging on it. It doesn't run but appeared to be all there. It had a 4 or 5 ft bar with helper handle. The 9/16" chain didn't show any wear. I saw both the Disston and Kiekhaefer labels on the covers. The owner is Erv Doane who has a chainsaw carving business. His phone is 865-453-3151.

I saw one today on display in Pigeon Forge, TN that had a $350 or $325 price tag hanging on it. It doesn't run but appeared to be all there. It had a 4 or 5 ft bar with helper handle. The 9/16" chain didn't show any wear. I saw both the Disston and Kiekhaefer labels on the covers. The owner is Erv Doane who has a chainsaw carving business. His phone is 865-453-3151.

Sounds like a fair price for it's condition.

This thing is up to $1,500 now! I had no idea this thing was worth so much going into it. Is it the fact that it's the rare Kiekhaefer, or would a Disston in similiar condition be worth the same? And to think I left this thing setting in the corner looking like a pile of junk for more than two years!

This thing is up to $1,500 now! I had no idea this thing was worth so much going into it. Is it the fact that it's the rare Kiekhaefer, or would a Disston in similiar condition be worth the same? And to think I left this thing setting in the corner looking like a pile of junk for more than two years!

Nice! I actually just checked your add a few minutes ago, and was pleasantly surprised. That's awesome.

A relatively new member here PMd me that he hated seeing it so low, and decided to bid, lol. Since when is $999 low?:msp_ohmy: I couldn't be happier though. The money will be much more appreciated right now than it would have been several months ago though. The timing is perfect.

A relatively new member here PMd me that he hated seeing it so low, and decided to bid, lol. Since when is $999 low?:msp_ohmy: I couldn't be happier though. The money will be much more appreciated right now than it would have been several months ago though. The timing is perfect.

Happy for you Brad! I have some idea of what it takes to get one looking like this and considering your talents and attention to detail, you're prolly about breaking even. Someone's getting a great piece of restoration work!

Ya that's great Brad. I feel for ya about being out of work, my brother just got laid off. Any propects for work for you?

Any propects for work for you?

There have been plenty of possibilities along the way, but none of them have worked out. I have almost 10 years of software developement experience, but it's quite specialized in nature. Seems like most places are looking for someone that does it all. I've got a new possibility in the works right now. Only time will tell. We're doing OK so far.

There have been plenty of possibilities along the way, but none of them have worked out. I have almost 10 years of software developement experience, but it's quite specialized in nature. Seems like most places are looking for someone that does it all. I've got a new possibility in the works right now. Only time will tell. We're doing OK so far.

Well that's good to hear Brad. Hope you find something. I guess I'm blessed that my skills will always be in demand, and I work at a busy place.

Just as a comparison Vintage Disston DA 211 2 Cylinder Chainsaw w/ 5ft Bar | eBay

and its not nearly as good looking come on $2k:clap::clap::clap:

That one could like like this:)

832335614_NnAE7-M.jpg

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/M43Hrvd9xTk?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

You keep posting cool stuff, and I will have to stop visiting this thread. Otherwise I will be cleaning out the boat port getting the tools and paint sprayer and blaster in order again. Then I will have to go and hunt down and old 2 man in dire need and restore it as well.

Only thing is if I devote that time to a chainsaw restoration I know the woman in my life will look at me like I have grown a 3rd head....

Latest posts

Back