Three 2-Man Disstons!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Kiekhaefer is done, with the exception of the kill switch. The video here is a cold start. I'm torn on how to sell this thing. There aren't many saws sold like this, in this kind of condition, to know what it's worth. That means an auction is the best bet. On the other hand, eBay charges so many fees. Basically, I'm treating this as my job, since I'm laid off. That's one reason I went ahead and painted it, to maximize my profits. I'm open to ideas and offers.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/0Xs3IZA5W0s?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

1240145625_KogHR-M.jpg

1240145820_YTCM9-M.jpg

1240146076_gkQRr-M.jpg

1240144405_3Rh7R-M.jpg

1240145106_9vJuX-M.jpg

1240144792_BuqyZ-M.jpg

1240144599_Nxux7-M.jpg

1240145412_ZWk6g-M.jpg

Details:

New:
  1. Coils
  2. Crank seals
  3. Piston rings
  4. 8-Pin 9/16" sprocket
  5. Transmission input shaft seal
  6. Visible fasteners, OEM style

Misc
  1. Bar dressed and rails ground flat
  2. Cylinders lightly honed
  3. Decarboned piston crowns, exhaust ports, and combustion chambers
  4. Primed and then painted with implement/tractor paint

Last edited:
That saw is absolutly sweeeeet, Sounds awsome.
Not sure you can put a value on such a saw.
Aren't any out there like it to compair.
I would think it would bring a good penny.

Lee

That saw is absolutly sweeeeet, Sounds awsome.
Not sure you can put a value on such a saw.
Aren't any out there like it to compair.
I would think it would bring a good penny.

Thanks Lee. It's not perfect, but is very nice.

It could use the following:
  1. OEM swivel joint for throttle linkage. I had to manufacture a piece. The rod is unmolested and a new end can be threaded right on.
  2. New spark plug cover.
  3. New air filter cover/housing.
  4. Ring that goes between air filter housing and intake deflector.

There's also a slight bend in the loop of the handle/frame. That's about all I can think of.

If I had the money, and more to back it up... ;)

I'd give ya 2200 for it. It's an outstanding restoration of a very important part of logging history.

I've got to visit some of the old logging camp and such to learn more about the big white pines that were harvested here in Michigan during the 1800's to early 1900's. They were BIG. Seen a few pictures... holy crap. Not even an heavily modded 100+cc saw could pull a bar big enough to cut half a face cut in one.

Brad- I can get you a new 9/16" chain for that saw if you want, to raise the value of it. We can call it a part of our trade deal.

That's might generous of you Jacob. I really appreciate that! However, the chain on it is completely functional, so I don't think it's worth taking your chain for the sale.

Here's the listing, LINK. Hope I didn't miss anything critical.

That's might generous of you Jacob. I really appreciate that! However, the chain on it is completely functional, so I don't think it's worth taking your chain for the sale.

Here's the listing, LINK. Hope I didn't miss anything critical.

Not really critical... I'm just being a bit of a smartass...

That's just a guess so that you can be prepaird to bid accordingly.

I reckon that ain't propeer engrish. :)

If I had the money, and more to back it up... ;)

I'd give ya 2200 for it. It's an outstanding restoration of a very important part of logging history.

I've got to visit some of the old logging camp and such to learn more about the big white pines that were harvested here in Michigan during the 1800's to early 1900's. They were BIG. Seen a few pictures... holy crap. Not even an heavily modded 100+cc saw could pull a bar big enough to cut half a face cut in one.

Don't you have a 790 to play with?

Don't you have a 790 to play with?

Yes I do sir. :) I'm very happy with it... flywheel still on there though...

Still working on the car... :dizzy: It needs to be cured once and for all.

Also studying for some more ASE tests... probably gonna take a couple tests today. Got lots of irons in the fire right now, and am kinda liking the stress for some reason... :) So much so I found another iron to put in the fire... more on that later. ;) It'll only take two or three more irons to choke the fire to death... :D

I'm in shock. It has actually hit my reserve of $999, which I thought was ambitious. I was prepaired to relist the saw. I couldn't be happier. Maybe it's trying to pay me back for the car I lost in picking up it's rings:) That's exactly what the money may go for.

Deer. I figured as much. Sweet looking saw, mang. Hopefully somebody will/is waiting in the weeds for the end of the auction.

Latest posts

Back