Three 2-Man Disstons!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The third and final saw is taking shape. This is the Kiekhaefer KA-211. It's the same saw, only white and red in color.

1217315212_m7mpd-M.jpg

1217315362_Psr7Q-M.jpg

1217315553_XbneV-M.jpg

These are all spare parts.
1217315750_J9wom-M.jpg

Everything is clean:dizzy: I've spent HOURS cleaning today. All three saws and all spare parts are clean.

Fasteners and misc hardware.
1217819420_ppFku-M.jpg

Both the DA-211 and KA-211.
1217819566_7oAms-M.jpg

These are all the spare parts.
1217819703_8XBB5-M.jpg

Hmmm... you missed a spot on that part over there... :msp_mad:

Just kidding. :D

New rings, crank seals, and coils. Minus a LOT of grime! It's currently wearing the engine shroud for the Kiekhaefer. I bought a nice Disston one from Bryce. He also had the clutch drum I needed for the third one.

For the Kiekhaifer, I'm still looking for the following.

1. Ignition rotor, points cam. I broke one yesterday:( The Kiekhaefer won't run until I find one.
2. Another set of unbroken/cracked spark plug cover and air filter cover.
3. Throttle linkage from the handle to the carb linkage . I have the rod, but the swivel on the end is broken.
4. I've got an input shaft seal ordered for the Kiekhaefer.

I don't think so. This one sat out in the weather for 40 years. The exterior is pretty much rotted off and the motor is one frozen rusted-solid unit.

No wonder you want another one, lol. I've had good luck removing the rotor with a bearing separator. I pulled the two halves in and under the rotor a little, and then pressed it off the crank. Installation is where I got in trouble with the on I broke. I know better now for next time:(

I should have the third and final one of these saws running tomorrow. It is the Kiekhaefer KA-211. I'm curious what it might be worth. I've given it a mechanical rebuild, but am not planning on painting it. It will be wearing a 4' B&C. I has new piston rings, new crank seals, new ignition coils, and new recoil rope. Everything on the saw has been cleaned. The only flaws in the saw is some damage to the spark plug and air filter covers. It's 100% complete and will make a great runner.

Would this saw be worth more than the others branded Disston, since it's more rare? The only difference is the colors of the saw. I had originally planned on keeping one of each, but I don't need two.

Not really sure what these 211's are worth.
I have seen prices fluctuate on these saws.
I would think the Kiekhaefer would be worth
a bit more being the last of the run. Yours
being rebuilt and a nice runner will bring more
for those that have deaper pockets.
I have been working on a running Kiekhaefer
211 for bit now for $500.00 but i haven't got
it yet.

Lee

Rings were an outragous $130. IIRC, the coils were about $70. Seals were cheap. Lots of time and labor on these big saws. I've never sold anything like these, so honestly have no idea. Are we talking $300, $500, $750............?

I saw a fully restored one that had the 6-foot bar and stinger get $1100 about three years ago on ebay. It had a new chain, new electronics, all new bottom end, and both new pistons and rings. All the parts came from one of the big Disston dealers in Missouri. Then there was that one early last year that was painted the wrong colors that the guy wanted $700 but I can't remember if it was a runner. I don't think he ever sold it. It went from $700 down to $550 and then I saw it for while around $475-500.

I think it would be within rights to ask $750 for yours with a working bar, chain, and stinger.

Latest posts

Back