Three 2-Man Disstons!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Let's just say...picking up my rings this afternoon cost a little more than I anticipated:( I was only about 3 blocks away when this happened. No one was hurt. I'm starting to feel like Job.

1234368675_HhSQd-M.jpg

Well, I lied, lol. I painted the Kiekhaefer. The handle/frame was all nasty and rusty, and it went from there. Not bad for a partial days work. I'm really curious to see what it will bring painted. With being laid off and all, it seemed the right thing to do.

I started by installing the new rings, putting the saw together, and getting it running. It fired right up. I then partially disassemble it and painted it. Being the patient man that I am, NOT, I gingerly put it back together. I'm still needing a few odds and ends to finish it up. The rest of the bolts will be replaced. It needs a kill switch, throttle linkage end. It really could use a new air filter and spark plug cover and a new recoil handle. It's also missing the instructions under the air filter. But the saw is 99% and is a great runner. I'll be using a different transmission, which isn't painted yet, but must be installed to run the saw.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/g2R4H8OmZM8?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

1235486622_RzaQD-M.jpg

1235486716_wWigA-M.jpg

1235486053_JQobG-M.jpg

1235486169_jwuZG-M.jpg

1235486311_PtTco-M.jpg

1235486505_XviDX-M.jpg

1235486396_XnxbK-M.jpg

Very nice... But you know my opinion on paint :)
Still look great!!!

The DA/KA 211s are my favorites! Trying to work a deal on another one, but its not for sawing purposes :D

The DA211s seem to be the most balanced 2 man saw I have messed with. I can easily carry it compared to the Mall 7, or KB6. The Mac 7-55 isnt too bad, but a little nose heavy.

Hey Brad looks like you have the supercharged buick if my eyes don't deceive me. I bet that thing really hauls the mail. Glad everyone in ok though

It used to:( I had a 3.4" pulley on the blower, ported and ceramic coated exhaust manifolds, 1.83 ratio roller rockers, u-bend delete and hi-flow cat, gutted air box, police suspension package, poly bushings, H-rated tires, and a custom tune. It's all going to the salvage yard now:( It was a great reliable car that got as high as 31 MPG on the interstate. I'm sick about it.

It used to:( I had a 3.4" pulley on the blower, ported and ceramic coated exhaust manifolds, 1.83 ratio roller rockers, u-bend delete and hi-flow cat, gutted air box, police suspension package, poly bushings, H-rated tires, and a custom tune. It's all going to the salvage yard now:( It was a great reliable car that got as high as 31 MPG on the interstate. I'm sick about it.

I would never let that go to the salvage yard. I would buy it back from insurance. Those buicks are good runners and have that nice sleeper look. I bet it drove nice with the police package. I actually never heard of that

I would never let that go to the salvage yard. I would buy it back from insurance. Those buicks are good runners and have that nice sleeper look. I bet it drove nice with the police package. I actually never heard of that

I agree... that kind of work into an engine and you're gonna throw it away? Why not buy the car back from insurance or work out some kind of deal with them so you can keep it, then buy another 'plain' Buick that looks good, but has a bad engine, and swap your good one in.

That's what I would do. It's a bit of work, but totally worth it to keep something that you made.

There's nothing special about the engine in my car. All I had added was the smaller pulley, 1.83:1 roller rockers, ported and ceramic coated exhaust manifolds, and u-bend delete with hi-flow cat. None of that would require pulling the engine to recover.The only internal part is the rockers. It's also not enough to buy back a salvage titled vehicle that I don't have the means of repairing. I'd love to have the car back, but I just don't see that happening.

Latest posts

Back