Three 2-Man Disstons!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mtfallsmikey

mtfallsmikey

Addicted to ArboristSite
I'm no expert on the 2 man saws.
I would think $500.00 each for these Distons
would be a bit rich.
A Titan Blue Streak is one of the harder 2 mans to find.
And can bring more than any Diston from what i have learned.

Lee

And...I'm pretty sure a nice unmolested IEL Twin would bring the most of any old saw. Pioneerguy600 does beautiful restos, check out the Pioneer thread...he does them for customers, but I'm sure he's not making a fortune off them.Like the others said, Brad...patience, my son!...wait him out. if it flops, there will be others....

Jacob J.
The one for $87 was a very good deal if it is what the seller said it is. It was missing some expensive parts though. The muffler is a tough item to find as they were just light metal and rusted away. It is not essential though as the first models did not even have them. The next issue is the bar. The saw cannot be used until that is addressed. The person will have to either find a Mac helper handle or a Merc-Disston bar and helper handle. In the pictures it looks like the saw has the later model gear box so it will need the late model open faced bar.

As for the other KB7 well only time will tell with that one.

Bill

Fortunately I do have a good Mac helper handle and a machinist friend with experience building bars for two-man saws from scratch... ;)

outdoorlivin247

outdoorlivin247

Addicted to ArboristSite
Antique Chain Saw Mercury Disston DA211 Runs! - $350 (SuffolkVA)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: 2009-09-02, 4:22PM EDT
Reply to: see below

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Offering for sale a vintage Mercury Disston DA-211 two man chainsaw. This saw is powered by a twin cylinder 2 stroke engine made by Mercury, that's right the same ones that make outboard engines, and it runs like a top! This saw is a monster and sounds very impressive when running. Would be an excellent addition to the collection of either old outboard or chainsaw collectors. There is nothing broken or missing from this saw, and it works fine. Asking $350 Call 757-217-5331

Work Saw Collector

Work Saw Collector

GTG Coffee Maker
$350 doesn't sound bad running saw, to far away for me

Antique Chain Saw Mercury Disston DA211 Runs! - $350 (SuffolkVA)

Date: 2009-09-02, 4:22PM EDT
Reply to: see below

Offering for sale a vintage Mercury Disston DA-211 two man chainsaw. This saw is powered by a twin cylinder 2 stroke engine made by Mercury, that's right the same ones that make outboard engines, and it runs like a top! This saw is a monster and sounds very impressive when running. Would be an excellent addition to the collection of either old outboard or chainsaw collectors. There is nothing broken or missing from this saw, and it works fine. Asking $350 Call 757-217-5331

blsnelling
So far the guy hasn't even had the courtesty to reject my offer. I asked that he let me know either way. I talked to my friend tonight that gave him my phone number, and the guy now thinks they're made of gold. He's going to ask $2,000 for the lot!!! Can you believe that?! I guess this is just going to turn into a long wait before he realizes he'll never get that out of them. Meanwhile I could have had those babies purring:(

Work Saw Collector

Work Saw Collector

GTG Coffee Maker
So far the guy hasn't even had the courtesty to reject my offer. I asked that he let me know either way. I talked to my friend tonight that gave him my phone number, and the guy now thinks they're made of gold. He's going to ask $2,000 for the lot!!! Can you believe that?! I guess this is just going to turn into a long wait before he realizes he'll never get that out of them. Meanwhile I could have had those babies purring:(

Sorry bought that.

outdoorlivin247

outdoorlivin247

Addicted to ArboristSite

I think my offer would drop to $300 when he calls you back...

Justsaws

Justsaws

Addicted to ArboristSite

Ah yes, the rare gold plated chainsaw. I see a lot of those. It is amazing how many rare gold plated saws are out there.

blsnelling
Maybe we should call him...What do you think he we do if his phone rang 30 times tonite on that add....:hmm3grin2orange:

If it were local, I'd definately go check it out. The two Malls I bought I did so sight unseen. But I only paid $150 each. Surely he'd come down off that price if they've been for sale that long.

Paul001

Paul001

Addicted to ArboristSite

Move along..not worth the aggravation. Don't be surprised if in 2 months you get a phone call wanting to know when you want to pick them up.

Latest posts