Tillotson identification

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

md1486

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
can someone tell me which model is this carb? Usually I see HS163 or HS224 on the 266xp, but not on this one. I search for the S26QA1 on internet but found nothing. I wanna buy a carb kit. Thank,

6D49D88B-B4EC-43E1-8065-33BC1E254FA3.jpeg 7D5887A5-E058-4D69-811A-8ABE8BAA70D4.jpeg B9000069-7996-4F8B-AE72-DF40D7D7E41B.jpeg 17DFF9DF-5A8A-46E8-BE90-5CD830CAF2EC.jpeg

But why do I have a third hole on the L-H side ?

View attachment 794590 View attachment 794591

That 3rd spot/sometimes hole, very rarely 3rd needle, is refereed to as an Idle Needle, on the HS series of carbs that have all three needles. the HS is simply the size of the carb body, the numbers and letters after the "S" are a code that tells the story of the features of that particular version of the HS series.

OP, if you were to do a very simple search engine search, via your brouser, you would easily find that there were several HS carb models/versions used on a Husky 268XP. The Internet can be a very good education tool.

MANUFACTURED BY:
spacer.gif
HUSQVARNA VAPENFABRIKS AB
ecblank.gif
spacer.gif
HUSKVARNA, SWEDEN
SERIES OR ASSEMBLY NUMBER:
ecblank.gif

YEAR INTRODUCED:
ecblank.gif
YEAR DISCONTINUED:
ecblank.gif
ENGINE DISPLACEMENT:
spacer.gif
67 cc (4.1 cu. in.)
ecblank.gif
Piston ported
MANUFACTURER ADVERTISED H.P.:
ecblank.gif
4.7 (3.5 kW)
CARBURETOR:
ecblank.gif
Tillotson HS-134A, 234A, B, 260 series
MAJOR REPAIR KIT:
ecblank.gif
RK-23HS
ecblank.gif
ecblank.gif

OP, if you were to do a very simple search engine search, via your brouser, you would easily find that there were several HS carb models/versions used on a Husky 268XP. The Internet can be a very good education tool.

MANUFACTURED BY:
spacer.gif
HUSQVARNA VAPENFABRIKS AB
ecblank.gif
spacer.gif
HUSKVARNA, SWEDEN
SERIES OR ASSEMBLY NUMBER:
ecblank.gif

YEAR INTRODUCED:
ecblank.gif
YEAR DISCONTINUED:
ecblank.gif
ENGINE DISPLACEMENT:
spacer.gif
67 cc (4.1 cu. in.)
ecblank.gif
Piston ported
MANUFACTURER ADVERTISED H.P.:
ecblank.gif
4.7 (3.5 kW)
CARBURETOR:
ecblank.gif
Tillotson HS-134A, 234A, B, 260 series
MAJOR REPAIR KIT:
ecblank.gif
RK-23HS
ecblank.gif
ecblank.gif

Did you see my 1st pic ? Usually this is really clear on the carb HS or HK xxx whatever.
On this one there's no "H" and the zero look like a Q.

Yes i did. As I understand Tillotson carbs molels of diaphragm construction all start with the letter "H" therefore they leave it off many times. Seems very self evident. HU, HS, HR, HD and I am sure I missed some.

From experience when inspecting and cleaning/kitting carbs, especially small carbs is too carefully look for what appears to be extra holes in the carb. Usually if you see such a welch plug is gone/gone.

I've bought even new small carbs that were new in the box and a small welch plug would be missing.

Also using excessive high air pressure will send a welch plug into orbit and you will not notice such immediately.

I sometimes wrap a carb in screen door/window wire if I need to use air pressure to try and clear a clogged up carb. the screen wire will catch any small parts that might be dislodged.

Back