Tilton Equipment no longer Distributing Jonsered Equipment

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Homelite. The E-Z/Super E-Z and XL-101 series saws used that mount and they were released in the late 1960's.

Really it should be small Homelite. :) From here on out I will be calling it the K095.

I'm not so sure I agree with you guys on the Homelite useing a K095 mount back then.

The SEZ and such had there own mount with long horizontal adjuster slots in them, not at all like a K095 adjuster holes, and it seems to be Homelites own mount to fit those rectangle adjuster pins they used. Some small Pioneer bars used a mount like that as well.

I know that after those bars went obsolete, the K095 mount was specified by Oregon as the replacement but to say they used a K095 mount way back then may not be completly accurate.

I'm not so sure I agree with you guys on the Homelite useing a K095 mount back then.

The SEZ and such had there own mount with long horizontal adjuster slots in them, not at all like a K095 adjuster holes, and it seems to be Homelites own mount to fit those rectangle adjuster pins they used. Some small Pioneer bars used a mount like that as well.

I know that after those bars went obsolete, the K095 mount was specified by Oregon as the replacement but to say they used a K095 mount way back then may not be completly accurate.

Fits very well with my thoughts on the matter, an 8.2mm bolt slot doesn't automatically mean that it is a K095 - there are lots of different mounts with a slot that wide. Even A095 is different from K095...

Fits very well with my thoughts on the matter, an 8.2mm bolt slot doesn't automatically mean that it is a K095 - there are lots of different mounts with a slot that wide. Even A095 is different from K095...

If I'm remembering right, the A095 was the one with the oblong/offset adjuster holes that were wider on the bottom to fit the rectangle shaped adjuster better on the Homeltes. The later K095 bars got bigger round adjuster holes to make room for the Homelite adjuster.

The A095 adjuster holes were open to the bar grove as well to oil throgh them like a K041 mount as well.

I actually wished they still made the A095 mount over the K095 mount as it will fit all the K041's as well.

If I'm remembering right, the A095 was the one with the oblong/offset adjuster holes that were wider on the bottom to fit the rectangle shaped adjuster better on the Homeltes. The later K095 bars got bigger round adjuster holes to make room for the Homelite adjuster.

The A095 adjuster holes were open to the bar grove as well to oil throgh them like a K041 mount as well.

I actually wished they still made the A095 mount over the K095 mount as it will fit all the K041's as well.

Fits very well with what I "thought" I knew, but wasn't sure enough to post about...:msp_smile:

I am deferring this to the Homie guys. :) I really have no idea except that Jonsered was using the K095 mount (minus the L shaped adjuster) in the 60's and have been since. I always thought Homelite had their own bar mount for those saws and there was a small homie mount.

I am deferring this to the Homie guys. :) I really have no idea except that Jonsered was using the K095 mount (minus the L shaped adjuster) in the 60's and have been since. I always thought Homelite had their own bar mount for those saws and there was a small homie mount.

Something doesn't quite add up here, what models exactly did Jonsereds use that bar mount on in the 1960s - I see no candidates whatsoever....:msp_confused:

The first possible candidate was the model 50, that came out in 1971, as far as I know.

I have a hunch what you may be referring to, but if what I think you are suggesting is true, I have seen no evidence (or even an indication) of it...:givebeer:

Last edited:
Something doesn't quite add up here, what models exactly did Jonsereds use that bar mount on in the 1960s - I see no candidates whatsoever....:msp_confused:

The first possible candidate was the model 50, that came out in 1971, as far as I know.

I have a hunch what you may be referring to, but if what I think you are suggesting is true, I have seen no evidence (or even an indication) of it...:givebeer:

Nope, it was the 50 and I never trust the data on Acres' site when it comes to dates. It is correctly listed as 1971, but so is the 52 and 52E. So Jonsered used the mount in 1971.

Nope, it was the 50 and I never trust the data on Acres' site when it comes to dates. It is correctly listed as 1971, but so is the 52 and 52E. So Jonsered used the mount in 1971.

I don't always trust those dates either, but some times they are the best I can find. :)

OK, back on topic............It's Willand. If it couldn't go direct, this is the best place it could land. :clap:

OK, back on topic............It's Willand. If it couldn't go direct, this is the best place it could land. :clap:

Is that just for the North East?

Will husky take some sort of leadership role in chartering new models and instruction of use of autotune etc to dealers or will that all fall on the distribs?

Is that just for the North East?

Will husky take some sort of leadership role in chartering new models and instruction of use of autotune etc to dealers or will that all fall on the distribs?

Pretty much. Wherever they have Red Max, they'll now have Jonsered. I have no idea who will be handling other areas. I doubt Husky will be involved with the dealers though. It will be up to the distributors.

Pretty much. Wherever they have Red Max, they'll now have Jonsered. I have no idea who will be handling other areas. I doubt Husky will be involved with the dealers though. It will be up to the distributors.

That sucks! At least you'll still have Jonsered, thats the main thing, hopefully the margins are enough to get by.

Interesting, both of the RedMax dealers that I go to are already full line Husqvarna dealers. They were RedMax dealers long before they were Husq dealers but picked up the Husqvarna line for the L and G products. Hmmm, be curious to see if they pick up the saws, they never stocked and did not want to be bothered with the RedMax saws, and even though they stock a full line of Husqvarna saws except the 3120 they do not try at all to sell any.

Interesting, both of the RedMax dealers that I go to are already full line Husqvarna dealers. They were RedMax dealers long before they were Husq dealers but picked up the Husqvarna line for the L and G products. Hmmm, be curious to see if they pick up the saws, they never stocked and did not want to be bothered with the RedMax saws, and even though they stock a full line of Husqvarna saws except the 3120 they do not try at all to sell any.

For a dealer that already has Husky, Jonsered would primarily be attractive in areas where the brand has, (or at least had), a decent following. NY, PA and New England along with the upper midwest would be my first thought. Not sure how well known the brand is in your area.

Latest posts

Back