Tilton Equipment no longer Distributing Jonsered Equipment

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Addicted to ArboristSite
Willand
Pace
Carswell
PES

Don't know the exact territory for each distributor. Husqvarna has these setup as distribution for Redmax, Jonsered, Dixon, & Bluebird lines.

Justsaws

Justsaws

Addicted to ArboristSite
Willand
Pace
Carswell
PES

Don't know the exact territory for each distributor. Husqvarna has these setup as distribution for Redmax, Jonsered, Dixon, & Bluebird lines.

That would be Pace for Ohio then, only time will tell how it fits thier plans. Using the dealer locator on the Pace site it brings up all the full line Husqvarna dealers in the area as well as to special places.

Did not show the TSCs though.:msp_sneaky:

Last edited:
timmcat

timmcat

ArboristSite Operative
Just went on the Tilton site to check availability of some parts I need for a 2153 and they dont have them, big surprise there. Unfortunately I still haven't heard anything from Willand's so I'll have to get stuff from my local Husky guy. Thanks for all the help in making a smooth transition Big Orange.:msp_mad:

Addicted to ArboristSite
Just went on the Tilton site to check availability of some parts I need for a 2153 and they dont have them, big surprise there. Unfortunately I still haven't heard anything from Willand's so I'll have to get stuff from my local Husky guy. Thanks for all the help in making a smooth transition Big Orange.:msp_mad:

New distribution is not allowed to do anything until 2/15.

tree monkey

tree monkey

Addicted to ArboristSite
can't get parts or saws
i do have a few pissed off customers
all this bs is gonna hurt jred
husky has the parts on hand but won't sell them
i'm a husky and jred dealer
i think husky is playing durty pool here

WetGunPowder

WetGunPowder

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
can't get parts or saws

After talking to a few of the TILTON people this week..........................I think you are correct!:censored:

timmcat

timmcat

ArboristSite Operative
Dont you guys know that the decision making behind the big orange mothership is beyond reproach?

I could take someone at Tilton's side if they were a halfway decent distributor, but after 20 or so years of lousy programs and tech service that whined about the 21 series saws not being as good as 70e's and 49sp's I could care less. What is very aggravating is not being able to service my customers properly due to Husky's incompetence!!!

Philbert

Philbert

Chainsaw Enthusiast
. AS Supporting Member.
can't get parts or saws . . .

After talking to a few of the TILTON people this week..........................I think you are correct!

I feel for you dealers that have invested lots of time promoting the brand. I hope that you don't get screwed.

I understand the brand realignment thing, but Jonsered in TSC seems counter to the 'pro' saw image they worked on for so many years. Should have given TSC McCulloch, or something.

Philbert

mikefunaro

mikefunaro

Addicted to ArboristSite
I kinda feel like you have to give husky some benefit of the doubt for doing what they are doing...

I'm not privy to what's going on behind the scenes, but it's tough to believe that they could shift distributors for one of their lines totally seamlessly with no service interruption. We don't know what went on prior to this, and how much writing was on the wall for either party, but I'm sure husky didn't want tilton loading up on a ton of spare parts so that they could keep selling as a renegade supplier for months and years. At the same time, it would probably take a lot of work, even if they have the parts, to all of a sudden set up a system where dealers could temporarily order direct from husky. If anything maybe they are trying to use this period of time to dry up tilton of parts.

I agree that it's a ####ty situation for the dealers who are on the hook trying to get parts for customers saws in the interim, but from what it sounds like the brands name, recognition and sales volume was circling the drain in husky's eyes so...maybe to them its not a huge issue...they probably think that they have to do a good amount of reconstructing as it is.

At the end of the day I'm just going to assume this isn't their first rodeo...

mikefunaro

mikefunaro

Addicted to ArboristSite
I feel for you dealers that have invested lots of time promoting the brand. I hope that you don't get screwed.

I understand the brand realignment thing, but Jonsered in TSC seems counter to the 'pro' saw image they worked on for so many years. Should have given TSC McCulloch, or something.

Philbert

I don't think they have too much to lose because I think the only people who even know what jonsered is at this point are "pros"...therefore most pros aren't going to just see it at TSC and write it off...but it will get the brand name out there and under more people's radar.

I would LOVE to see sales figures but I imagine consumer saws sell many more times over than pro saws...and even if pro saws cost more and have fatter margins, if you don't have the volume what does it matter...

WetGunPowder

WetGunPowder

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
I don't think they have too much to lose because I think the only people who even know what jonsered is at this point are "pros"...therefore most pros aren't going to just see it at TSC and write it off...but it will get the brand name out there and under more people's radar.

I would LOVE to see sales figures but I imagine consumer saws sell many more times over than pro saws...and even if pro saws cost more and have fatter margins, if you don't have the volume what does it matter...

I have no idea what the total percentages are company wide-But we sell 5 to 1 pro saws vs consumer saws.

tree monkey

tree monkey

Addicted to ArboristSite
if tilton had the parts i need, then i would have the parts
jred was in the farm&barn stores here, and realy hurt them
thay lost alot of dealers because of it
we still don't know who our new dist is/will be
i'm betting it will be another month before we get any parts or saws
hope i'm wrong
rumer has it that inorder to be a jred dealer we have to take on redmax
if thats the case i might be done with jred
i don't need another line of saws and parts

we sell close to 10 pro saws to 1 consumer saw

CATDIESEL

CATDIESEL

ArboristSite Operative
can't get parts or saws

I kinda feel like you have to give husky some benefit of the doubt for doing what they are doing...

I'm not privy to what's going on behind the scenes, but it's tough to believe that they could shift distributors for one of their lines totally seamlessly with no service interruption. We don't know what went on prior to this, and how much writing was on the wall for either party, but I'm sure husky didn't want tilton loading up on a ton of spare parts so that they could keep selling as a renegade supplier for months and years. At the same time, it would probably take a lot of work, even if they have the parts, to all of a sudden set up a system where dealers could temporarily order direct from husky. If anything maybe they are trying to use this period of time to dry up tilton of parts.

I agree that it's a ####ty situation for the dealers who are on the hook trying to get parts for customers saws in the interim, but from what it sounds like the brands name, recognition and sales volume was circling the drain in husky's eyes so...maybe to them its not a huge issue...they probably think that they have to do a good amount of reconstructing as it is.

At the end of the day I'm just going to assume this isn't their first rodeo...
Husky is going to look out for Husky. but as usually their marketing and support will suck. this is what happens when you buy up all the competition to gain market share, it will be a half hearted at best. this makes me glad i only have a few huskies. i have always, and will always be able to count on Stihl for exc. support and a good reliable product.

SawTroll

SawTroll

Information Collector
Husky is going to look out for Husky. but as usually their marketing and support will suck. this is what happens when you buy up all the competition to gain market share, it will be a half hearted at best. this makes me glad i only have a few huskies. i have always, and will always be able to count on Stihl for exc. support and a good reliable product.

Each to their own...:givebeer:

Tzed250

Tzed250

Addicted to ArboristSite

Each to their own...:givebeer:

The fact that Husqvarna has put the screws to their dealers in the US is not cool. When I moved to this area 7 years ago there were three Husqvarna dealers within a half hour drive. They are now all gone. The last one closed the doors in December. Husqvarna demands the dealers stock multiple tractors and ZTRs, but in this area they are as useful as tits on a boar. Most people do well to be able to use a push mower on the steep lawns in this region. Now Husqvarna's practices have made the the closest dealer more than an hour away. I have one Stihl dealer fifteen minutes away that sells Cub tractors, but there are two other Stihl shops inside of forty minutes that sell only saws and logging gear. They run out of much smaller shops and don't have tens of thousands of dollars of rolling stock sitting on a sales floor. Husqvarna has been stuffing box store availability and mandatory tractor sales down the dealers throats for years now. What has it done fore them?

WetGunPowder

WetGunPowder

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
Willand
Pace
Carswell
PES

Checked Pace Dist. web site. No news release or sign of Jonsered at all............

The longer this goes on with no news from anyone other than Tilton, the less I like it.