Tilton Equipment no longer Distributing Jonsered Equipment

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Our inventory is thin also-But where we would like to be this time of the year........

If we get the same terms as with the Husky product you'll no longer have to run down the inventory and look like your half out of the saw business. :msp_smile:

I wonder what will happen to the leftover Iron Horses that Tilton has in the warehouse?? Does that mean the price may come down??
And sorry for the spelling uh

Do they really have any? I have never seen those offered for sale in the US at all actually, and there has been some time since I heard about them here as well....

If we get the same terms as with the Husky product you'll no longer have to run down the inventory and look like your half out of the saw business. :msp_smile:

Lately we have ran our inventory kind of Bass-ackwards with Jonsereds saws. Ordered plenty of saws in the spring and summer to collect the DVR points-Then enough saws to qualify for the Bag-N-Drag fall program.

We have a couple of customers with older Iron Horses here in MA. They use them for over snow pruning vehicles in the black walnut tree farms. About a year ago our rep had a "screaming deal" on a demo it was $500 bucks off dealer cost, typical for tilton.

Do they really have any? I have never seen those offered for sale in the US at all actually, and there has been some time since I heard about them here as well....
Yes I talked to Tilton before I found my Iron Horse in the US. Tilton said they had several in the warehouse and that they don't sell very well.
They wanted over 15k for the 2090 pro though which I thought was a little high.

Mine had come from Antons Timber out of Norway and then sold out of British Columbia by West Coast logging shows.

I called Tilton to see what they had left for saws in stock and they are out of pro model with the exception of cs2172wh and cs2139, they were quick to point out that they had alot of 2240-2255 saws left and alot of parts too. So until the transition is started or through whats in the field already is what you get. Personally i'm down to 1 2188, 1 2172, 1 2166, 2 2153 and 1 2152, but its slow for saws this time of year when there is snow on the ground so i'm not worried.

Hmmmmm #2- If they're that low on product this quick, they knew this was coming.

Product codes are not yet active in the Husky system. Maybe the fact that Tilton is wiped will speed things up a bit. I'm hoping to get some info soon.

They are very active in the Husqvarna system, just not under the USF prefix yet. Would lend you my dealer number................but then you'd order so much stuff and I'd be broke and have no money for beer!

They are very active in the Husqvarna system, just not under the USF prefix yet. Would lend you my dealer number................but then you'd order so much stuff and I'd be broke and have no money for beer!

What kind of beer ya want? :msp_tongue:

So, has this drama already played itself out in Canada? When did that happen? I thought that Canada also had a distribution set up similar to what we had with Tilton here in the US. Did they just open up the Jonsered line to all Husky dealers up there, and what about previous Jonsered only dealers? It may not unfold exactly the same way down here, but I'm curious as to how they went about it up there.

Last edited:
Bob,

We already played this game about 10 years ago up here in Canada. Existing Jonsered dealers, kept the Jonsered line, and if they could meet the obligation/commitment they could have applies to get Husqvarna also. Some did some didn't. At that time neither Husqvarna on Jonsered dealers were full line, the vast majority were forestry only.

For those that just kept Jonsered, they were able to remain forestry only, those that took on Husqvarna were eventually forced to be full line dealers (we know how much fun that is!).

Existing Husqvarna dealers had to apply to take on the Jonsered line. Very few carry both lines.

From a dealer stand point it was a great move, anything from mother orange has the same terms, and regardless of color gets treated the same.

Jeremy

Bob,

We already played this game about 10 years ago up here in Canada. Existing Jonsered dealers, kept the Jonsered line, and if they could meet the obligation/commitment they could have applies to get Husqvarna also. Some did some didn't. At that time neither Husqvarna on Jonsered dealers were full line, the vast majority were forestry only.

For those that just kept Jonsered, they were able to remain forestry only, those that took on Husqvarna were eventually forced to be full line dealers (we know how much fun that is!).

Existing Husqvarna dealers had to apply to take on the Jonsered line. Very few carry both lines.

From a dealer stand point it was a great move, anything from mother orange has the same terms, and regardless of color gets treated the same.

Jeremy

I suspect it will be mostly similar here. I can understand their thinking with the full line deal. There are plenty of dealers who only want the saws, but there are another 75 pages of equipment in Husky's catelog they need to sell. If a guy is a saw only shop, then I wouldn't expect him to stock tractors. But if we're talking a full line dealer selling other brands of wheeled goods, there's nothing wrong with Husky wanting to see their other products in the store. So, maybe Jonsered is the answer for full line dealers who just want the saws but not another mower line. The lawn and garden stuff actually works very good for me. Lots of tractors and the MZ's have been a home run.

How was the sideways balance?:hmm3grin2orange:

Excellent, but the streight across handlebar bothered me a little, making me thinking 550xp (once again) .....:msp_biggrin:

The trouble is that it is not cutting season for me right now, and I'm not really up to much of it anyway yet, after the hip replacement in 2012 - some other issues I have got much worse when that was going on....

Back