Tilton Equipment no longer Distributing Jonsered Equipment

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The fact that Husqvarna has put the screws to their dealers in the US is not cool. When I moved to this area 7 years ago there were three Husqvarna dealers within a half hour drive. They are now all gone. The last one closed the doors in December. Husqvarna demands the dealers stock multiple tractors and ZTRs, but in this area they are as useful as tits on a boar. Most people do well to be able to use a push mower on the steep lawns in this region. Now Husqvarna's practices have made the the closest dealer more than an hour away. I have one Stihl dealer fifteen minutes away that sells Cub tractors, but there are two other Stihl shops inside of forty minutes that sell only saws and logging gear. They run out of much smaller shops and don't have tens of thousands of dollars of rolling stock sitting on a sales floor. Husqvarna has been stuffing box store availability and mandatory tractor sales down the dealers throats for years now. What has it done fore them?
this very thing happened to my local dealer. he had/did exc. business selling husky saws/trimmers and toro walk-behinds/blowers. husky came and demanded he drop toro, and become a "full-line dealer". long story short, he has to work twice as hard with triple the overhead, and less profit. he has a bunch of junk el-cheapo tractors and push mowers setting around collecting dust, that he can't sell. all his summer toro mower business went elsewhere. Husky is doing nothing more than showing desparation trying to put numbers on the board. i just hope they do not let all the other junk they try to sell all over the country bring down their saw line. i have two 346xp's left, when they are worn out i will only run ms201's and 261's. sad to say, more likely than not, jonsered will soon likely be a has been, at least in the states. good luck to Husky, and all their dealers, i sure does not look to good for them here.

The fact that Husqvarna has put the screws to their dealers in the US is not cool. When I moved to this area 7 years ago there were three Husqvarna dealers within a half hour drive. They are now all gone. The last one closed the doors in December. Husqvarna demands the dealers stock multiple tractors and ZTRs, but in this area they are as useful as tits on a boar. Most people do well to be able to use a push mower on the steep lawns in this region. Now Husqvarna's practices have made the the closest dealer more than an hour away. I have one Stihl dealer fifteen minutes away that sells Cub tractors, but there are two other Stihl shops inside of forty minutes that sell only saws and logging gear. They run out of much smaller shops and don't have tens of thousands of dollars of rolling stock sitting on a sales floor. Husqvarna has been stuffing box store availability and mandatory tractor sales down the dealers throats for years now. What has it done fore them?

I don't want to get off track in this thread but that is wayyyy off base in my area. I haven't been forced to take "x" amount of anything. They push it because they want you to sell..... But force is a different story. It doesn't do them any good to force all kinds of stuff on a dealer to have them close, there's no residual income there. If the dealer misinterpreted and bit off more than they could chew..... It usually turns back around to a forced or demanded issue and they close up shop. Anywho back to JRed :)

Has anyone who is a Jonny dealer heard from their new Distributors yet? T-minus 10 days and counting. It sure would be nice to know WTF is going on................................

Yes , I recieved a package from Willand last week with packet to get set up with them. doug

I don't want to get off track in this thread but that is wayyyy off base in my area. I haven't been forced to take "x" amount of anything. They push it because they want you to sell..... But force is a different story. It doesn't do them any good to force all kinds of stuff on a dealer to have them close, there's no residual income there. If the dealer misinterpreted and bit off more than they could chew..... It usually turns back around to a forced or demanded issue and they close up shop. Anywho back to JRed :)

The issue is not Husky corporate. They would obviously like for their dealers to sell the full line. But the real strong arm stuff comes down to the individual territory managers playing hardball. In some cases this could be pushed by a regional manager. It's not a problem we have in the east. To push stuff where it will break the back of the dealer and destroy the account is simply bad business.

Some shops are saw only, and it's silly to expect a dealer to take on zero turns. But if a dealer selling competing brands of mowers doesn't want to sell Husky mowers, then you can't blame Husky for looking for another dealer.

The issue is not Husky corporate. They would obviously like for their dealers to sell the full line. But the real strong arm stuff comes down to the individual territory managers playing hardball. In some cases this could be pushed by a regional manager. It's not a problem we have in the east. To push stuff where it will break the back of the dealer and destroy the account is simply bad business.

Some shops are saw only, and it's silly to expect a dealer to take on zero turns. But if a dealer selling competing brands of mowers doesn't want to sell Husky mowers, then you can't blame Husky for looking for another dealer.

That's true, I didn't look at it from that angle. Very good point :)

Has anyone who is a Jonny dealer heard from their new Distributors yet? T-minus 10 days and counting. It sure would be nice to know WTF is going on................................

not a dam thing
i keep trying to talk to husky to see whats going on
might as well talk to the wall

Every Redmax distributor in the US will be Jonsered. So whoever is your local Redmax distributor is will be your Jonsered source.

New Jonsered distribution is not allowed to do anything with Jonsered until 2/15/13. Tilton has distribution until 2/14/13. I'm not sure how Husqvarna/Jonsered are doing getting the new distribution set up with parts/wholegoods/support. I doubt that they will have the support that everybody wants on 2/15 but that is what Husqvarna wanted.

I would recommend to dealers that you look up your new distributor and get the paperwork started to avoid delays.

1 - Call Redmax and ask them who your local Redmax distributor is in your area.
2 - Call that distributor to get dealer applications to get started.
3 - Wait till the 15th or holler at Tilton / Husqvarna for parts.

Don't count on the new distribution to come to you right away on the 15th.

Willand rep is stopping in tomorrow and he is going to tell us "what models they are going to let us have." Shouldn't jump to conclusions, but that doesn't sound all that reassuring to me. I hope it doesn't turn out that we get all the "non-XP" saws, which are absolute duds as far as sales go. The 562 outsells the 555 something like 15 or 20 to 1. Just have to wait and see tomorrow.

He'll be here in the morning and I'll post some info by noon.

i spoke to my distributor today and was told it could be as late as freakin may before i can get saws on the shelf. he said it usually takes 90 days for them to get there product once they canplace there order.

i spoke to my distributor today and was told it could be as late as freakin may before i can get saws on the shelf. he said it usually takes 90 days for them to get there product once they canplace there order.

Tilton, knowing the end was near, did not forecast much if any product for the first quarter. I don't know if they even did a forecast. So, it comes down to getting these saws into the production schedule and building them. I've never received any Huskys that weren't at least 60 days old, so 90 days probably isn't too far off.

my rep said exactly that. he said they had to be built for the us market becouse of our lovely epa guidelines. it would be great if they could just pull them out of the european markrt and send them on over.

Willand rep is stopping in tomorrow and he is going to tell us "what models they are going to let us have." Shouldn't jump to conclusions, but that doesn't sound all that reassuring to me. I hope it doesn't turn out that we get all the "non-XP" saws, which are absolute duds as far as sales go. The 562 outsells the 555 something like 15 or 20 to 1. Just have to wait and see tomorrow.

He'll be here in the morning and I'll post some info by noon.

If they would do that, it would do a lot of dealers, especially those which sell only jonsered for saws, a huge disservice!

my rep said exactly that. he said they had to be built for the us market becouse of our lovely epa guidelines. it would be great if they could just pull them out of the european markrt and send them on over.

Theres a few boatloads of em up north, much quicker. Country code for the US and Canada on the box is different, as are many pnc's, but the product is the same (yes thank you my southern friends for your EPA crap). Last I was at the warehouse Jonsered saws, I mean pallets to the roof and allover out numbered husky 10-1.

Only thing logical is that they aint selling or they are going someplace else.

For chitz and giggles take a look an newer saws and the differences between EU and EPA, very, very few differences.

Theres a few boatloads of em up north, much quicker. Country code for the US and Canada on the box is different, as are many pnc's, but the product is the same (yes thank you my southern friends for your EPA crap). Last I was at the warehouse Jonsered saws, I mean pallets to the roof and allover out numbered husky 10-1.

Only thing logical is that they aint selling or they are going someplace else.

For chitz and giggles take a look an newer saws and the differences between EU and EPA, very, very few differences.

I believe that it would be historically accurate to say that our northern neighbors were quite helpful in quenching our thirst during prohibition, so what's it gonna take to smuggle a pallet of 2260's down here? :msp_biggrin:

I believe that it would be historically accurate to say that our northern neighbors were quite helpful in quenching our thirst during prohibition, so what's it gonna take to smuggle a pallet of 2260's down here? :msp_biggrin:

Spike I live right near the Detroit river. Stones throw to Canada.

Historic whiskey smugglin route during prohibition.

We should go ice fishing. You got a fast car????

:msp_wink:

Adam

For fun, you get us a pallet of possums and the saws will come. Never figured out why possums cant cross the bridges, or cheap beer for that matter.

Smuggle hell theres no duty on saws going accross our borders, all it takes is a level playing field with respect to the country cost (manufacturers darn near all of them have a country cost, which is a markup based solely on the country of sale, regardless of real costs), and the truck would be loaded an en route to the NYCSM. Hard to do that when ones cost is the others retail, and funds are on par.

If it gets bad down there, the igloos will empty, and the CDNCSM will leash up the dog teams and provide our southern brothers in exchange for Kinder Surprises..............oh yeah you cant get them down there either, dont worry we will bring some too, and we will show up thirsty.

Very thisty!

OK..............We're getting all of the good stuff. Maybe not any WH models, but pretty much the full line. :clap::clap::clap:

Latest posts

Back