Tired of winter and the bad weather.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

loadthestove

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Is anyone else here as worn out with winter as I am. I hate the short days and generally find something to do in the house ,so far I have installed new lamanated flooring in my kitchen and dining room as well as painted nearly every room of my house .
On saturdays I generally try to work in my wood pile getting ready for next year .So far this winter my splitting and stacking area has remained a giant mudhole so that has put a damper on that(I hate dealing with muddy wood).I have about four cords laying in rounds waiting on me .
I have also managed to wash and hand wax my fifth wheel camper( kept in a garage)
as well as polish the daylights out of my Harley.
I'm at the point now that I have run out of money So i cant start any more remodling projects and I have all the little repair and replace projects finished.

So after work all I can do is come home,sit down in front of tv and prop my feet up .I'm going stir crazy.

All my outdoor hobbies need one thing I am currently lacking,,,Warm dry weather.
I sure will be happy when the time of year comes that I can once again complain about the heat.

I have heard jobs are quite popular. Ha ha ha. I do lawn care and plowing, so I understand. I have way too much to do but with the crazy plowing hours and bad weather I find my self watching too much TV.

Your Memory is Short.

This winter is a pansy compared to last winter.

No, I'm not tired of the 2010-2011 winter. I'm prepared with more firewood than my stove and I can burn. Also, now and then, it's actually fun to work outside.

Thank you, God, for giving me a break from last year.

I have started seedlings under growlights in the basement to eventually see the greenhouse. So far Onions, Cabbage, Broccoli, Lettuce and Cauliflower for a March planting. I'm ready for Spring, but its still a little ways away. When taxes come in, I will be insulating the attic, and some other small projects will keep me busy.

I hear ya! Get a 4 wheeler, do some riding if you don't have any snow. I just got back from a 50 mile ride on my sled, I would go crazy if I couldn't ride. I have a small detatched garage that I do some small projects in. I have been battleing a herniated disk for the last 2 months so believe me, I know about not being able to do anything and just sitting (and eating) in front of the tv. Keep your spirits up and start counting the days until you can ride your Hog for the first time in the spring. You need goals, realistic ones. Enjoy you leisure time.

This winter is a pansy compared to last winter.

No, I'm not tired of the 2010-2011 winter. I'm prepared with more firewood than my stove and I can burn. Also, now and then, it's actually fun to work outside.

Thank you, God, for giving me a break from last year.

Maybe for you but not for us,this winter is the worst we've had in a long time.we have had snow on the ground since early december(unusual for this area).only had a couple of days above freezing here since early december.For a lot of people here on the board this would be normal ,,just not in southeastern KY

But Like you.I am thankful.Have a warm house,big pile of wood and a healthy family.what more could a person want..

I hear you. Most of my winter shop projects are done, all of my firewood is cut (in log form at least and brought up where I can work on it throughout the year) that I am going to be cutting for the year and I am starting to run out of funds too lol. I work for my local township full time in the summer and plowing snow in the winter, mixed in with farming and firewood, but so far after the first of the year firewood sales and snow have been scarce so I am ready for spring.

Long Winter But Not Miserable...

... that's what the farmer's almanac said. The winter will just keep on going and going and...

... not be that cold. But the last freeze will be about the same time as last year's nightmare. :snowman:

Tired of the cold! Got a sawmill I need to get built. My shop is just too cold. I work nights and by the time I get a fire started and take the chill off, I'm ready for sleep. Sooooo glad I got my wood cut last spring. Just sit in front of the computer eating, watching my waistline grow by the day.

I love the winter, snowmobile, skiing, sorry, it's in my blood, Just got back from the Black Hills, 0 degrees in the morn, rode 100 miles ea dayt, we had the whole place to ourselves it seemed. Got a 80 mile ride planned for this Sat. hope it's above 0 though. You've just got to make the best of what Mother Nature sends ya. When it gets up to 20 or so I'm gonna cut a couple of more cords for next winter.

Draw palns and material tak-offs for the new pole barn or Woos shed you need this summer so next year you won't have that mudhole....

OR

Find a project saw and put the Presbyterian on it.

GeeVee

I don't really mind it.

To be real honest, I'll take even the shorter days over 95 degrees and 90% humidity.

Working outside in that stuff is pretty miserable. The snow sucks sometimes but I'm improving my snow removal situation for next year which will take care of that.

Winter? What winter? Please send all extra snow and cold to Bayard Nebraska ASAP!!! Transplant from Montana misses a true winter. Wish I had more reason to burn my stove and enjoy the snow again like I did years ago. Those 30 below mornings were great.

We cut most of our wood in the winter, easier for me to stay warm than it is to stay cool cutting. Also do some coyote calling when time and weather permits, which has not been a lot this yr thus far.

The news said something about this being the snowiest January on record. My quad can't get out back. Even if it could and I did some cutting I would have 4' stumps all over the place come spring. What happened to our snow/thaw cycle? The deer are screwed.

flood lights

I can deal with the cold, but the short days are what really chap me. Leave for work in the dark, get home in the dark. No time to do anything outside.

--get some good floodlights and you can split outside.

I take my dogs for walks in the dark a lot of times in the winter, they get two walks a day, so it is inevitable some of them will be in the darkness. I sorta like cruising the woods in the dark.

But for me, winter is a time to catch on some rest. Spring-summer-fall I work so many long hours I am ready for a little extended hibernation and naptime.

Latest posts

Back