tn fall gtg 460 build off date oct 1st

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looking forward to meeting you guys at the GTG. I may need some assistance from one of you pro's on my 7900. I pulled the muffler and inspected the cylinder and saw what I thought was scoring near the intake wall. Decided to pull off the jug to take a look. Turned out there is no damage and piston/cylinder is great.

Now I need some assistance putting the piston back in the cylinder. I don't have the Bailey's clamp, so any tips would be helpful. Might just bring it to the GTG and let one of you guys show me.

By the way, my offer for free lodging still stands. Have a large home with 3 extra bedrooms. Live in Farragut, 2 miles from I 40/75 split west of Knoxville.

You're killing me. maybe I'll get lucky and get hurt at work Friday but not bad enough that I can't drive my truck. Man...... I wish there was someone to work for me Saturday.

bigredd, What a guy to open your home to help some people out if needed. :rock:

For sure bring your 7900 and we'll get it together no problem. I use my fingers but as you have seen there are a ton of ways to skin this cat.

Before i bought the baileys clamps i used cable zip ties. Just pull it tight on top of the ring and make sure the ring is centered on the pin. Insert piston into cylinder and give the cylinder a slight tap and it shouldgo over the ring and push the zip ty down the piston where you can cut it off. If not terry has the clamp.

I think I am going to let you guys take a look. It had a brand new jug and piston when I got it, but had a problem with splitting the intake boot at the cylinder connection (twice) when I tried to use it. The person I bought it from has been great and contacted Dolmer tech support to help discovered the problem, which apparently was the screw-type clamp. Anyway, the rim around the crown of the cylinder is not smooth and the coating has failed in some places. May be burnt due to the lean condition.

Last edited:
Well, I'm one step closer to gettin there. I got my stock 044 fired up an the clutch drum put back on it, fired up my 044/046 hybrid and mitch came and picked up my Buildoff saw today to try to break in the new rings. Also gathered up two humongous boxes of mini-Mac and eager beaver parts to bring to mastermind :laugh:

I'll be there this weekend, but let me tell ya it's been H-E-double L gettin there.

Well, I'm one step closer to gettin there. I got my stock 044 fired up an the clutch drum put back on it, fired up my 044/046 hybrid and mitch came and picked up my Buildoff saw today to try to break in the new rings. Also gathered up two humongous boxes of mini-Mac and eager beaver parts to bring to mastermind :laugh:

I'll be there this weekend, but let me tell ya it's been H-E-double L gettin there.

Them mini-macs and eager beavers make me Hawt. ;)

Jon ran two tanks through my 460 this afternoon noodling up some firewood. It may end up in last place but it feels strong to me. :laugh:

dang it:bang::bang::bang:,, i wish it was next weekend,, i will be in south eastern ky then visiting,,, wife and i are going to see her parents ,,guess i will have to settle for pics and vids

I'm tryin. Got 24 more hours in the plant, then a 5 hour drive southeast, and its on like donkey kong!!!
ya I have to work tomorrow then a 4 hr drive NE home,,, then pack and a 13 hr drive NE again!!!! Im guessing Ill be there Mid day Friday!!!Ya hooo Buckeroooo!!!!:blob2::hmm3grin2orange::blob2:

Well, I'm bummed out. Nik and Andre are both really sick, Mike has to work, my BIL's on the road driving a semi, Lisa has to work, and my Dad just got home from Colorado two days ago and doesn't feel like traveling. Maybe I'll see if the one guy at the dealer would like to go. So, if any of you have some spare cheese, you can give it to me to go with my whine:)

Back